[rEvo] Petrel 2 controller intermittently shows 0.0/low PPO2 for all sensors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 4 pin cable is analogue, e.g. common plus three cells +ve.

Revos use that for the secondary monitor for cells 4 and 5.

The primary monitor uses cells 1 through 3 on DiveCAN, so there's an analogue to digital converter with the output on the bus.
I see also they sell molex to coax adaptors which implies that you could rewire the harness to the smb type connector. Having the adaptor would not solve anything but if an adaptor exists you should be able to just clip both sides and hardwire it. I don’t think the digital to analogue conversion plays a role there. If that type of connection is much more reliable wouldn’t that be a potential solution?

Richard Morton @ Divetronics told me to use Tribolube on my molex connectors.
Interesting.

Makes sense and should keep the corrosion at bay?

I solved water issues with my molex connectors:

1702625436410.png

How did you use it? Silicone in the Molex connectors into the cells?

How did you use it? Silicone in the Molex connectors into the cells?

I have seen it recommended to coat them in Christo Lube. Problem is it dries out, and it is conductive. So you have to balance water protection with shorting your cells. Haven't found any dielectric grease that is compatible with a breathing environment.

All surfaces must be completely clean and dry. Before applying silicone sealant.

Cover the backend of the connector to make a seal around the wires. Also put some Christo Lube into the holes on the side where the pins clip in. This allows the air inside to compress, but shouldn't short the wires. Be careful not to get any on the connector face. Put a thin film of silicone sealant on the face and plug it in. Don't dive it until the silicone is dry (24 hours).

This is food grade 100% silicone sealant. Do not use silicone grease as this is a 100% oxygen environment. Let the sealant dry completely before use.

I have the KISS splitter board so mine plug in to it, but same concept. I have cut out "o-rings" from old silicone wrist seals and placed around the board receptacle where the cells plug in to seal the back of the cells. This allows me to change cells on the fly without waiting for silicone sealant to dry. The board is already waterproof from the factory.

This has greatly increased the stability of readings during long dives/trips. I no longer expect the cells to get more erratic as time goes on during a trip. They typically get more stable after day one then stay that way for the entire trip.

You can use, non O2 stuff. The pressure isn't high enough for concern and O2 isn't flowing through it.

RTV seems like a bad idea to me.

I have seen it recommended to coat them in Christo Lube. Problem is it dries out, and it is conductive. So you have to balance water protection with shorting your cells. Haven't found any dielectric grease that is compatible with a breathing environment.

All surfaces must be completely clean and dry. Before applying silicone sealant.

Cover the backend of the connector to make a seal around the wires. Also put some Christo Lube into the holes on the side where the pins clip in. This allows the air inside to compress, but shouldn't short the wires. Be careful not to get any on the connector face. Put a thin film of silicone sealant on the face and plug it in. Don't dive it until the silicone is dry (24 hours).

This is food grade 100% silicone sealant. Do not use silicone grease as this is a 100% oxygen environment. Let the sealant dry completely before use.

I have the KISS splitter board so mine plug in to it, but same concept. I have cut out "o-rings" from old silicone wrist seals and placed around the board receptacle where the cells plug in to seal the back of the cells. This allows me to change cells on the fly without waiting for silicone sealant to dry. The board is already waterproof from the factory.

This has greatly increased the stability of readings during long dives/trips. I no longer expect the cells to get more erratic as time goes on during a trip. They typically get more stable after day one then stay that way for the entire trip.

Cool. Can you send a picture?

- brett

Yours has the Petrel or the Nerd as the controller?

Mine has the Petrel. I've managed to pull the cable hard which disconnected the 5 pin connector from the unit and all cells read 0.

Check that connector.

Do you use locking sleeves on the cables?

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom