[rEvo] Petrel 2 controller intermittently shows 0.0/low PPO2 for all sensors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could do that on a rEvo ;-(

Yours has the Petrel or the Nerd as the controller?

Mine has the Petrel. I've managed to pull the cable hard which disconnected the 5 pin connector from the unit and all cells read 0.

Check that connector.

Jim, did you perform any tests to ensure that the connectors were the root cause?
Continuity tests with a Volt-Ohm meter.

The hypothesis is that moisture got into molex connectors and travled upwire wrecking havoc on voltage readings.

Unsure how or if Mares is sealing the end of the cable, but improving your unit to use SMB cells might do the trick.
Ive had to shorten my cables twice to get rid of the moisture creep corrosion issue -next time im replacing the molex

I wish I could do that on a rEvo ;-(
what prevents you from retrofitting that type of connection onto your unit? Is it not possible to substitute a different cell to four pin connection type?

what prevents you from retrofitting that type of connection onto your unit? Is it not possible to substitute a different cell to four pin connection type?
Right now? The price of that wire you've referenced in the follow up post and the info @Wibble provided.

I wish the unit had come w/o Molex by default so I would not monkey around.

Had some issues with my Molex connectors a couple of weeks ago. One of the cells seemed to "leak" and the Molex connectors didn't like it. Had to pull them out and give them a clean. Works for now, but I'm sure going to keep an eye on it.

Interestingly all 5 of my cells were changed in 2023. So much for leaving them for longer!

Dielectric grease will keep them from corroding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom