Revo micro carriage bolts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@W W Meixner Ok sorry my mistake. I can't really provide a better picture than what I already posted. The bolt head is being pointed to, which is underneath the CL and some red tape. This should only be a problem on the micros, the body of which is smaller than the others. The head sticks up just enough to prevent me from fully engaging the top cover without a lot of effort. I don't think it's damaging the CL in any way. It's really more of an annoyance, but my OCD kicks in pretty fierce when I can't get the cover fully over the last O-ring.

Hey MB...

No Problem...

Short story...my unit was a gift for a favour rendered...needed inhalation counter-lung...OEO has them on-line for $115. each...so I buy both...replace both...good for a long time...not so fast...

You can't buy them...they're restricted...my cost to have two CL replaced by OEO...including exchange/return shipping to Ontario...$2000...

I boxed the unit up...and sent it back to its original home in FLA...

Don't let any protruding object puncture your CL's...change out the bolts quick...

Between the long bolts...and the red tape...this sounds like somebody performed a DIY retro-fit...

If this long bolt is OEM...it should be reported to Mares/rEvo...the last place you want the CL to start leaking is at depth...the rEvo CL's are only food grade PU...heavy gauge lunch bags...they couldn't be any-more delicate...

Best...

Warren

My micro has carriage bolts that the harness bolts to. The head of that bolt sticks into the body of the unit so far that the canisters 'ride' it and stick out a bit when I'm assembling the unit, making it difficult / impossible to get the top cover on all the way. Anyone find a solution for this? I thought of a few larger washers between the body and back cover, similar to but not as dramatic as the increased lung capacity spacer kit.

uploadfromtaptalk1390795991719-jpg.4951
The revo comes with M8 x 1.25 thread pitch carriage bolts. The red tape is factory installed to retain the bolts when the wing and harness are removed. Be very careful if you change the factory bolts as some other brands may have a more prominent head that can actually prevent the lower canister from seating correctly.
I found this all out because I changed my bolts to longer ones on my machine to accept the delrin hand wheels so I could disassemble the machine for rinsing without using tools. Very handy, IMHO

I can't see your picture, but would a low head socket cap screw work? Or does it need the square underside

Low Socket Cap Screws | Fastenal

I can't see your picture, but would a low head socket cap screw work? Or does it need the square underside

Low Socket Cap Screws | Fastenal
The only bolts that are acceptable are carriage bolts with lowest possible domed head. The clearance between the lower bolt head and the canister is VERY tight. The counter lung would be pinched between the canister and the bolt head, be very careful. The lungs are quite fragile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom