REVIEW: CREE MC-E Diving Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that would be really useful to me ... thanks

my front bezel looks as if it is fixed to the head
I'm not going to try and unscrew it :no:

If people are interested I can take some very detailed pics of all the different components.

Has anyone considered applying a little Loc-Tite to the threads of the front bezel and torqueing it down tightly vs. tightening it at depth each and every dive?

OKay folks, here's the problem.
DX has more than a gazillion 18650 batteries for sale.
Which one do I buy?
More mah's are better for run time?
They have 3000 mah's for less than 2400 mah's.

Does anyone have personal experience with any of this?

Buy the more expensive ones. You won't get rated capacity. I got the Ultrafire (2450mAh I believe) and am pleased with them so far.

hi

i bought one 900 lumens.:D

what is the o-rings Diameter when "relaxed"?
and what is the Thickness?

thank you

that would be really useful to me ... thanks

my front bezel looks as if it is fixed to the head
I'm not going to try and unscrew it :no:

Hey Venus,

Google says you might want to look at your blog. Might be nothing. Thought you'd like to know.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 184
Hi,

I have a couple of the SSC-P7 lights which are supposed to be less efficient than the CREE-MCE. Here are some very approximate runtimes I got with different batteries. Not underwater, just in my living room...

From DealExtreme
OEM Batteries: ~75mins, mostly full bright until end.
Soshine Protected 18650 2800mAh: ~120mins with maybe 80% brightness last 30mins
Ultrafire Protected 18650 3000mAh: ~100mins with maybe 60% brightness last 40mins

However, for a bit more cash you should get these batteries. They are the most trusted/reliable/high quality li-ion rechargeables available. By all accounts the other batteries on DX can vary widely in capacity and performance.

From Lighthound.com
AW Protected 18650 2200mAh (Button Top): No runtimes yet with this light, but I have run a much higher performance/driven Olight M30 flashlight for ~100 mins at full power. Should translate into much better time in a less driven light like these DX dive ones.

Hope this helps!

Dennis.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to how the light is continuing to work out for those of you who are already diving this light.

Any more floods or other problems? I just received the email today from DX that my light has shipped so I should have it within 2 weeks I would think.

Any more problems with the loose bezel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom