REVIEW: CREE MC-E Diving Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK tried to post some pics, but my camera is acting strange, so I'll try later. In the meantime, the reflector assembly looks just like what the other pictures show, except it lays flat in the main body, and I've tried moving it with twisting it at the notches and prying a bit (no destructive testing yet) and it won't budge. The upside is that the o-ring and the lens lay flat on the reflector and are held in by the bezel. If the bezel was loose, the lens would not pop off due to pressure from a spring in the back of the assembly pushing it forward. The arrow in the battery compartment is very hard to get a picture of, it's recessed way in the back.
Unfortunately I won't be able to dive for a while, so I may lend it to a friend to test in the water.
My other mod is I'm going to paint the reflector white to make a flood light for video. I'll post some pics when thats done.

OK here are some pictures.

flashlight.JPG

notch 2.JPG

notch.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom