Restructuring Florida...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall:
Panhandle divers should Secede from the Florida Discussions and join us in the Deep Dixie Section. They know they want to, anyway.

Agreed, pretty arbitrary to do this change with such little input. Maybe ditch the inactive regional DIR forums

I actually send NetDoc a PM with the title of "Suceed from the Conch Republic of Florida".

(Either you or I misspelled secede/suceede. I have no clue which as I definately wasn't around the last time a state did that!)

One of my suggestions is why not take away one of the DIR regional forums that has only had 30 threads in the past 5 years.

It always seems the North Florida folks are always getting pushed aside. We post trips or local related humor threads in the FL Conch forum, they move our threads. We ask for a place of our own, and everyone is happy. It just makes sense until they decide to delete it.

This is the exact reason that many of the FL Panhandle threads are done in the Deep Dixie Diver forum becuase no one from South FLorida messes with them.

It appears the Panhandle divers are now back to being 2nd rate board members...... . *sigh*

We, in the SW part of the state are forced to post in the Central Florida area, which we're not.

mike_s:
It appears the Panhandle divers are now back to being 2nd rate board members...... . *sigh*

You shouldn't think so highly of yourselves :D

Now there is no Central Florida area. Of course, I wouldn't have used that area anyway. It's interesting that there's no clear line between north and south. There is a way to divide the forums that make sense and would be self evident. Maybe?.....naaaaw.

Colin, are you suggesting that north Florida extends approximately 100 miles farther south on the Gulf coast than it does on the Atlantic coast? If so, why?

The florida regional forum as a whole is one of the busiest on ScubaBoard, but in totality still doesn't really dictate being split as traffic is managable with a subforum for Trip planning and marketplace junk and the main forum for questions and reports.

This is like deja-vous all over again. We weren't listened to last time, and probably won't be this time.

I intend to make all of my posts in this forum and ignore the subforums.

We should have a central gulf coast area, kinda like north FL plus Dixie Divers, that would cover the AL/FL area and spring diving in the area. I personally hate hitting up 3-4 forums where people like SuprBugMan could be posting, for example. I hit all these areas, and I see the same people spread across multiple forums for no good reason.

I was talked into moving to the tundra of Florida the begining of this century.
Trust me he said.
Pompano - Panama City Beach, both have a zip code that start with a 3, both start with a P. Both are in Florida, almost the same thing.

Pfffff I moved, went back in time (literaly to Central time)....Diverlink disapeared and now this. What happened to logic and common sense?

Jacksonville is North Florida but they have the beautiful Atlantic. Is it possible to keep a straight face while placing JAX and PC in the same shelf?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom