Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harvested commercially in Cozumel. Also... in the marine park at night as well as out of season :(
I don't know about the lobster at Conchita but they always have king crab...but it has been frozen for years and is not sweet.

Dave Dillehay

Is lobster harvested commercially in Cozumel or the region? I have eaten it freshly taken by a non-commercial hunter, but anyone know how the Coz restaurants source it?
I don't know about the lobster but if you have shrimp on Cozumel it could very well have come in on the same plane that you did. :D

I don't know about the lobster but if you have shrimp on Cozumel it could very well have come in on the same plane that you did. :D
I always laugh when I see salmon on menus on Cozumel thinking to myself, I could have brought that with me.

Cant beet the seafood platter at La Conchita. I get it without the conch and squid and I end up with an ungodly amount of octopus. Get a side on butter and tortillas and you have seafood tacos for days.

Cant beet the seafood platter at La Conchita. I get it without the conch and squid and I end up with an ungodly amount of octopus. Get a side on butter and tortillas and you have seafood tacos for days.
Absolutely a great eatery, although it closes at 7:30.

We went to New Especias this evening. Food, value, service- all excellent!

A pitcher of red sangria is certainly refreshing on an August evening.

Time to broaden your list. I wasn't going to mention any that were already mentioned, but that's too difficult. If I repeat those already mentioned, it means we like the place.

Higher end:
Buccano's
Guido's
Azul Madera
La Cocay
New Especias

Not as high end:
Rock N Java
La Candela
El Cielito
Torino's Pizza
Mingo's for burgers or steaks (best value on island)
Girasoles
Paprika
Crazy King Burrito
Dona Quela (Fried Chicken)

Bar Food:
Thirsty Cougar
The Pub (Can get pretty hot)
Dick's Dive
Wet Wendy's (hit and miss, skip the burger)

Breakfast (primarily):
Corazon Contento
Sucre Sale

La Mission and Pancho's have fallen off our list as their menus have changed. Inombrable has been a disaster on multiple occasions, other than their burger and churro wagon. Sorisi has great food, but we've had awful service on three out of three visits. Our only visit to Bajau was horrible. There are some excellent hole in the wall places that are great, but not in town or on Melgar, if you are in a specific area.

Time to broaden your list. I wasn't going to mention any that were already mentioned, but that's too difficult. If I repeat those already mentioned, it means we like the place.

Higher end:
Buccano's
Guido's
Azul Madera
La Cocay
New Especias

Not as high end:
Rock N Java
La Candela
El Cielito
Torino's Pizza
Mingo's for burgers or steaks (best value on island)
Girasoles
Paprika
Crazy King Burrito
Dona Quela (Fried Chicken)

Bar Food:
Thirsty Cougar
The Pub (Can get pretty hot)
Dick's Dive
Wet Wendy's (hit and miss, skip the burger)

Breakfast (primarily):
Corazon Contento
Sucre Sale

La Mission and Pancho's have fallen off our list as their menus have changed. Inombrable has been a disaster on multiple occasions, other than their burger and churro wagon. Sorisi has great food, but we've had awful service on three out of three visits. Our only visit to Bajau was horrible. There are some excellent hole in the wall places that are great, but not in town or on Melgar, if you are in a specific area.
Inombrable = Unmentionable. Is that a restaurant?

I haven't been to La Mission in the last year or so, but we went to Pancho's in June; it was excellent and the same as it ever was. Casa Mission, 'Ohana, El Moro, La Perlita, La Choza, La Conchita del Caribe, Kondesa, and Casa Cuzamil are perennials on our list, and La Monina is a new entry. We always stay at Blue Angel; their restaurant is excellent as well.

I’ve only ever been there for breakfast which I do like. Good to know other meals are good also. Might be nice to have an AC meal next week.
They are one of my preferred breakfast places.

1724264651295.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom