Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are so many goods resturants to choose from on the island! We'll be there in March and will be celebrating my bd. One of my favorites is Parilla Mission on 30th, which is where I plan to celebrate out on the patio. Other favorites are La Choza, Casa Denis, & La Mission. Enjoy your vacation!

Sounds like there is several new joints in town --Our family just booked an 8 day'er april 8-16th , 5 nights at casa del mar and still looking for 3 nights ( april 13-15th). This is our 4 th family trip to Coz . So I'm guessing Kinta and Sorrisi are new , at least since 07' ? What type of food do they serve ? I'm a foodie big time.

Sounds like there is several new joints in town --Our family just booked an 8 day'er april 8-16th , 5 nights at casa del mar and still looking for 3 nights ( april 13-15th). This is our 4 th family trip to Coz . So I'm guessing Kinta and Sorrisi are new , at least since 07' ? What type of food do they serve ? I'm a foodie big time.

Kinta offers a very fresh, update and eclectic Mexican menu, very good. Sorrisi is Italian. Excellent food, my favorite next to an Italian restaurant in Little Italy in Manhattan. Excellent service as well.

Just my two cents......We've been going to CZM for the past ten (10) years. Because it is Mexico and an island, the food we crave is Mexican/Spanish (not Italian, American or other ethnic cuisines). Therefore Mexican/Spanish seafood is our goal. A few of the consistent quality and reasonably priced restaurants are as follows:
La Choza - Tasty, fresh food in a clean environment. The original location burned but, the new location is around the corner on 10th avenue.
Casa Mission - Good quality food in a beautiful home with surrounding gardens.
la Morena - Mexican food prepared with care and attention. Good desserts.
la Veranda - On this past trip (March 20-27), we had our best dinner experience here! The outdoor garden seating was beautiful. The food was exceptional. The classical (Norwegian) guitar player was excellent, personalble and not begging for tips. This restaurant will be our numero uno choice when we return on our next trip to CZM later this year.
Kinta - We think this restaurant is the best newcommer in San Miguel. On this past trip, the restaurant was closed for renovations/expansion.

These restaurants exhibit the charm and flavor of Cozumel and the Mexican culture and its cuisine. We never dress above the acceptable level of clean shirts and shorts and sandels/sneakers (remember - it is Mexico and the islands for Pete's sake!). Relax and enjoy new surrounding and tastes. Bon apetite!

It may not be the fanciest, but I believe El Moro has the best "Mero" (Grouper) in Coz. (Mojo de ajo style) The main waiter there is a pleasure to deal with and truly has a nice local feel. Their Margs aren't bad either.

Looking at the original post. I take my nondiving significant other to Primas. Great service, great food and nice rooftop view of downtown Coz. Consistently excellent for that "special night" that buys me points for my diving passion.

Looking at the original post. I take my nondiving significant other to Primas. Great service, great food and nice rooftop view of downtown Coz. Consistently excellent for that "special night" that buys me points for my diving passion.

Another great romantic rooftop restaurant is Especias. Mmmmm, Indian shrimp <that drooling noise that Homer Simpson makes when he thinks about beer>.

We tried a new one we hadn't eaten at before. "La Perlita" out past Ave 65 was recommended by a DM. All the seafood we had there was quite fresh & good. Also i hate to admit this but we had a hard time walking past "Mosiac" in the square and the bucket of beer deal.

A buck a beer is right in my wheelhouse. Especially when it comes in a bucket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom