Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've been there in the day like around 2pm. I think it's the indoor restaurant that's only open at night.
Yes, the information I found is that Buccanos is open 10AM - 6PM and Buccanos at Night is open 6PM - 11PM.

Sounds like Snowman got there right at the shift change. They probably wouldn't let anyone into the beach after 5pm if they close at 6pm and if no one happened to be there they might have locked up and left. When we went we left around 5 and were one of the last people there.

Sounds like Snowman got there right at the shift change. They probably wouldn't let anyone into the beach after 5pm if they close at 6pm and if no one happened to be there they might have locked up and left. When we went we left around 5 and were one of the last people there.
Yeah, I think that's more likely than Buccanos at Night being closed on a Saturday.

I used this thread to add to my list of places to try out. I can report on a few that were new to us:

Conchita del Caribe was very good. Had ceviche and grilled fish (one garlic and one Vera Cruz). All very tasty. Massive portions (wish the ceviche came in a small). Similar in style to El Moro with a seafood focus.
Ruta 25 was very good. Pastor off the spit. Excellent salsas to go with the tacos.
Tzalam was also very good. (we had tacos only)
Rusti.co was very good. Had enmoladas and tlayuda. Both were great. If you like mole and enjoy tasting different styles, I highly recommend the enmoladas. They close at 5:00, so we stopped for lunch on our way to the airport. Excellent prices.
Noventa y Tres, I did not see mentioned here. This place is 50 meters south of Blue Angel and convenient. Very good food. Enmoladas (their version is a spicier mole) and a quesadilla which had good flavors and had some heat to it. I do not usually think of a quesadilla as having good/interesting flavors and this was a nice surprise. The service may have been the worst I have ever had on the island. Hopefully not indicative of their usual and maybe just a bad night for our waiter who seemed inexperienced.

Happy taco and mole hunting to all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom