Reports, Pictures and Videos: January 19th Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pics wdunne! Nice job!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it down.

I'm glad you all had a good time and that you had a good night dive. Did you see octopodes?
I have always loved the sun stars at BW. They get pretty big! :D

Were still at the dive site, won't be able to upload pics untill tomorrow.
Why did you guys all abandon us?:confused:

Jim, Ron and Carrie.

PS Almightywife, you really don't want to see pictures of this motley crew, trust me.:)

Arrrrr - the grumblings! :D I only have just gotten home and organized but here you go! A few of my photos - slightly edited and not identified. I only have a handful of photos from the 2 day dives since the batteries died on the first dive.

I am wondering where the rest of the divers are with theirs?!!? :D

(1) Dori nudibranch - monterey dori!?
(2) Sea Nettle
(3) Clown nudi
(4) Decorator crab
(5) Shrimp
(6) unknown as of yet. :)

Nice shots Sarah! I was way to tired to do anything but clean my gear when I got home last night. I'll go through and post my pics soon.

Were still at the dive site, won't be able to upload pics untill tomorrow.
Why did you guys all abandon us?:confused:

Jim, Ron and Carrie.

PS Almightywife, you really don't want to see pictures of this motley crew, trust me.:)

I was freezing after the night dive Sat and just drove to the hotel in my wetsuit and went straight into the warm shower. :D I can't wait to get a drysuit!!!!!

Did you guys dive yesterday?

Or that too. :)

Here are my pictures. 19 Jan 08 Breakwater

You got some really nice shots too Brad! I can just imagine what you'll get once you get used the controls on the new camera. :D

Ditto on Michelle's post-nightdive condition. I was so cold and really didn't warm up for quite a while after I was in bed. Got back to the Lodge, rinsed gear and got some milk and went to bed. We ended up not doing any diving on Sunday because the weather wasn't that great and Mark wasn't feeling that great - so we slept in and then took a leisurely drive home. Recleaned the gear, cleaned the car and it was time for some photos, etc.

Anyhow - Brad - your photos are great. Looks like you might have two photos with some little shrimp in them as well. :) I love those inadvertent shots. I love the cucumber photo!

It was so great meeting some of you and seeing other familiar faces this weekend!! Thanks for organizing this again Sarah!

Here are some of the pics I took Sat and others I took on Sun diving with my DM class. Monterey 1-19 and 1-20-08 - a photoset on Flickr
Next time we really do need to take a group photo topside.

Sorry, we had to desert you Jim, Ron and Carrie. I hope you guys got in some good diving Sun too.

Oh, and thank you so much for the great direction to the Metridiums Ron! I actually feel like I might be able to find them on my own next time. :wink:

I'm looking forward to the next get-together in March. Happy diving until then! :blinking:

Hey gang, sorry I couldn't make it - had another event to attend. But I WILL be there for the 3/15 Pt Lobos dive. AND, by the way, I'm going to be at Whaler's cove on Presidents day (2/18), and I think that day might not be full yet, so if anyone else thinks they might be out there that day (it's a Monday), let me know.

Devin

HI Everybody!

It was nice to meet all of you. I was diving with Chris, Suzanne and Joel, we were parked along the wall with all of our stuff down there. I came up to greet everyone and shake hands but by the time we got all geared up, we were late for the exodus to the metridium field. We dove the wall first, Joel was getting wet for the first time after a couple years off diving. Then we did the metridiums second (they were pretty closed up).

The guys were up for a night dive but Suzanne and I decided the hot tub at Lone Oak sounded better than 51F water, I ended up there (and much warmer!!).

I missed you all for dinner, we went middle eastern food instead.
Sunday we dove Whaler's Cove at Pt lobos, vis not as great and more surgy than Saturday.

I forgot my newly serviced regulators at home (wah!) so I had to rent some, which of course did not fit my DIN tanks so I had to rent those, and an inflator hose, blah, blah, blah. Yes, I have a packing checklist,... I guess I will have to check it TWICE like Santa. Thank goodness I wasn't on a boat and could rent! whew.

Great photos everybody!!! I'm glad so many of us saw all those beautiful jellies!
Have a great week,

Gail

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom