Replacing Uwatec Battery - What Kind of Oil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you had sent it back to Uwatec and they couldn't repair it, they would have offered you a really sweet deal on whatever is current.

Unfortunately, now that you opened it, you're pretty much out of luck.

Also, even with the oil, I have no idea how you're going to refill and seal it. The oil needs to fill the entire case with no bubbles. It's what keeps the case from being distorted or crushed underwater and also helps prevent water infiltration.

flots.

That's exactly what I did with my Air X Nitrox. I thought it was just a dead battery, maybe it was but they said it was not serviceable. They gave me 40% of a Galileo Sol. They replaced my Air Z Nitrox battery at the same time and gave me a new sensor that has a user changeable battery.

My question is, if it showed 74% why would you think its the battery? How could you read 74% if it was the battery, or was that what it was the last time you checked it?

That's exactly what I did with my Air X Nitrox. I thought it was just a dead battery, maybe it was but they said it was not serviceable. They gave me 40% of a Galileo Sol. They replaced my Air Z Nitrox battery at the same time and gave me a new sensor that has a user changeable battery.

My question is, if it showed 74% why would you think its the battery? How could you read 74% if it was the battery, or was that what it was the last time you checked it?

I am trying to get a hold of uwatec now for the same thing about my air x nitrox...loved that thing. just not wanting to shell out the bucks for a galileo :(

I seem to recall that some of the Uwatecs didn't actually check the battery; the indicator had something to do with hours of operation or some other indirect method.

I knew silicone oil sounded familiar. I use it in my RC Nitro trucks shocks. and differentials. But they are custom products and may not be pure and come in a huge variety of weights. Check out tower hobbies if you are looking for silicone oil for "shock oil".

-I don't think that silicone oil and paraffin oil are miscible. You may want check that what you are putting back mixes with what was originally in there. If not, you may see "oil bubbles" in front of your screen.

Thank you for all the great info. Perhap it is silicone oil.

To all the Uwatec kool-aid drunks - keep your useless comments to yourself.

Thank you for all the great info. Perhap it is silicone oil.

To all the Uwatec kool-aid drunks - keep your useless comments to yourself.

This is an open forum, and your not in charge. You can't stop people from commenting on the subject in anyway they want to as long as it's within TOS. You may have destroyed your computer but comments such as possibly being able to return it to SP/Uwatec for a discount on a new computer will help readers of this forum now and in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom