Replacement Hoses....in colour!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Malta and the UK.

Aren't colors notoriously difficult to differentiate under water? Particularly deep water?

Just curious here becuase that's what I have heard.

PerroneFord:
Aren't colors notoriously difficult to differentiate under water? Particularly deep water?

Just curious here becuase that's what I have heard.
you lose different colors at different depths. Red is lost first at a pretty shallow depth, through the spectrum to blue staying the deepest.

Yea, I thought I remembered my ROYGBIV color loss thing...

So yellow and green hoses would become hard to distinguish underwater fairly soon??

I think it is just for the cosmetic purpose. Maybe, the green is for the nitrox use. But, who cares? Just personal preference. My buddy likes the red colored hose no matter how it is shown in underwater.

I've thought more than once that the BAUE pictures, and similar how-to-route galleries would be WAY clearer if colored hoses were used.

lairdb:
I've thought more than once that the BAUE pictures, and similar how-to-route galleries would be WAY clearer if colored hoses were used.

There's only 4 hoses in the DIR system (5 in dry suit):

1. Primary regulator hose off the left post (7ft)
2. Secondary regulator hose off the right post (2ft)
3. BC Inflator hose of left post
4. SPG hose of the right post
-----
5. Drysuit inflation hose (right post I beleive)

Not sure what colors would help.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot that site is the one with the drysuit images. Yea, not easy to make out.

PerroneFord:
There's only 4 hoses in the DIR system (5 in dry suit):

1. Primary regulator hose off the left post (7ft)
2. Secondary regulator hose off the right post (2ft)
3. BC Inflator hose of left post
4. SPG hose of the right post
-----
5. Drysuit inflation hose (right post I beleive)

Not sure what colors would help.

I thought that (according to DIR practice) the primary reg hose (7') and the BC inflator hose is ALWAYS run from the diver’s RIGHT post. The back-up reg hose and SPG hose would be run from the LEFT post.

The drysuit hose would come from the 1st stage attached to the Argon bottle (if used).

Back
Top Bottom