Replacement Hoses....in colour!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It might be for newbie like the colored computer cables. After figure out the exact route, it isn't a big deal. Even, each hose has a different length so it makes the hose idenfication much easier. Personally, I like all black hose with the simple reg unlike my buddy. Just my 2 cents....:wink:

lairdb:
I've thought more than once that the BAUE pictures, and similar how-to-route galleries would be WAY clearer if colored hoses were used.

Vie:
I thought that (according to DIR practice) the primary reg hose (7') and the BC inflator hose is ALWAYS run from the diver’s RIGHT post. The back-up reg hose and SPG hose would be run from the LEFT post.

The drysuit hose would come from the 1st stage attached to the Argon bottle (if used).

This is correct if you are speaking from the perspective of having the rig on your back. In facing it to set it up, L and R are reversed. Sorry for confusion.

I believe "neon" type colors don't lose the color at least not as much. I have a yellow hose on my octo that stays quite yellow. I don't know what makes a true neon color but something to do with UV light.

I'd love to get all my hoses in a variety of colors.. not for identification, but just because it's fun. So many of the guys I dive with are so serious :eyebrow:

Remember Perrone the right post is the right post no matter if looking at it from the side or up side down, same w/ te left post.

In the standard recreational system, having the octo hose as well as the octo cover in yellow seems to make it easier to spot at a glance.

hmm - but they don't make black hoses ...

I agree that for illustrative purposes the BAUE pics would be well served by having different colored hoses (though it's a very well done set of pictures). Not an issue while diving, but for pictures it would help folks that have never seen that type of hose routing before, while it is being explained. Sort of like highlighting key thoughts in a book for reference or later study.

Glad the colors are available... I still like black, but it might be fun to have all purple hoses, just for the entertainment value...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom