Renting Pony Tanks in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish. They're a hassle to pack, transport, then get filled quickly, and finally take home. Fill shacks often tighten the valve into the tank excessively, then you have to get your Op to bring a valve wrench on the last boat trip. I've been doing it for 20 years.

I wish. They're a hassle to pack, transport, then get filled quickly, and finally take home. Fill shacks often tighten the valve into the tank excessively, then you have to get your Op to bring a valve wrench on the last boat trip. I've been doing it for 20 years.
@DandyDon So you're saying you've never found a place that rents ponies in Cozumel? I know you've been doing it for 20 years, and are very diligent, but I'm going to keep hoping against the odds that someone else here knows of some shop that does. Taking one by plane each time seems like a huge hassle -- I'm already always near the 50 lb. limit now (even with moving some heavy stuff to my carry on).

@DandyDon So you're saying you've never found a place that rents ponies in Cozumel? I know you've been doing it for 20 years, and are very diligent, but I'm going to keep hoping against the odds that someone else here knows of some shop that does. Taking one by plane each time seems like a huge hassle -- I'm already always near the 50 lb. limit now (even with moving some heavy stuff to my carry on).
Yeah it's a hassle but I gave in long ago and check 100# each way.

You might go up to the Casa Mission entrance, cross the street, through the gate and go to the far door on the left. I suspect Stathis might rent one.

Back
Top Bottom