Renting a CO Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can thank Dandy Don for it he has been behind the interest in CO testing here on ScubaBoard.

The Analox is a nice unit. Please post in the thread concerning CO testing results. Zeros are boring, but good :)

Thanks for the rental info and link above! I think this is a good idea as I was pondering the cost and calibration of one of these units. Renting one would seem alot easier. Not sure if this has been answered before, but has anyone tried out the disposable ones that are shown on the scubaboard main page?

I asked about them once but I dont think I ever got an answer semms like they were about $8 each but not sure
Thanks for the rental info and link above! I think this is a good idea as I was pondering the cost and calibration of one of these units. Renting one would seem alot easier. Not sure if this has been answered before, but has anyone tried out the disposable ones that are shown on the scubaboard main page?

Which ones? The CO-Pro? I looked at those when I first got interested, but they had long been discontinued. I guess they're making them again now with more divers getting interested. I see a number of problems in actually using them tho...
1: You'll need to carry extra condoms as I think they'll leak after very few uses, or be impossible to untie if you tie the end while waiting results.
2: Waiting 5-10 minutes per tank for results will discourage use. My first tester required 3 minutes and that was a bit much.
3: And their disclaimer discourages confidence: "CO-PRO is intended only as a detector of carbon monoxide and is not a substitute for proper testing or inspection of breathing air."

I'm sure you'd need a new one every day at least. At 5 for $37.50 plus shipping, you might want 10 for a week in case one didn't last the day. All in all, just not appealing compared to renting a very accurate unit that reads a tank in less than 30 seconds.

That rental is a really smart idea, the analox is a great unit. I love mine and will gladly purchase another when i wear it out.
I still believe all tech divers should own their own, however for vacation divers it's very cool. Glad to see folks taking their life and health seriously. Be sure to test every single tank you and your loved ones use! I've only had one tank show a serious reading, but I was darn glad I wasn't inside the cave experiencing 11ppm!

I wish my LDS was a competent as Outdoor Equipment Rentals, I received an email notice yesterday that my package was on it's way with a tracking number !!

What a great idea! I have a hard time justifying the price for my annual trip to Mexico but $45 for two weeks makes compete sense.
I'm kinda of in the same boat as you. Not doing enough diving to justify the expense, but I'm starting to take these thing more seriously. So I'm looking at purchasing one soon, and am working on a deal for SB members. Stay tuned for more info in the next couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom