Rental gear at Captain Don's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you'll have a problem:
Habitat is pleased to be a partner with Scubapro and offers the finest Scuba Pro and UWATEC rental equipment exclusively. Our equipment is replaced approximately every 18 months.

If you absolutely have to rent, then rent on Bonaire. If you rent at home and haul it down there with you and then have a problem what are you going to do? Renting local allows you to return it if there is a problem.

Problems can arise with any gear no matter how new/old it is.

You might want to check the BCDs that they carry and check out sizes in advance. Also see if you can reserve your gear in advance.

Have a good trip and stop worrying about bad reviews. The worst that can happen is that your room is not perfect, but you are not going for the room you are going for the diving and the diving is perfect.

If there was one person from whom I wanted to rent equipent from on Boanire it would be captn Don. he is the gear repairman of Boanire. Anyone has a problem and he is "THE MAN". fast reasonable and fair are his middle name. My wife had a minor reg hose problem and he fixed it while we waited (no, it was not rental gear, it was hers).

If there was one person from whom I wanted to rent equipent from on Boanire it would be captn Don. he is the gear repairman of Boanire. Anyone has a problem and he is "THE MAN". fast reasonable and fair are his middle name. My wife had a minor reg hose problem and he fixed it while we waited (no, it was not rental gear, it was hers).

Are you sure it was Captain Don? He is pretty much retired from anything to do with the resort bearing his name. Maybe someone else at their shop? Whenever I need gear or to have my gear serviced on Bonaire I go to Bruce Bowker at Carib Inn. He (or any of the folks who work for him) are absolutely the best at what they do and the charge, if any, is always reasonable.

I was thinking the same thing. Bruce is the man I see if I need something fixed on the island.

:confused:You guys are right. It was Bruce, not Captn don. He was unbelievably helpfull, I feel bad now that I mixed up his name:confused:

i would spring for a mask here because it is the most important of the gear you need. The other stuff you could rent at Cpt Dons or even next door at Buddys cuz all it is is snorkle gear and does not have to fit perfectly because the water is warm and little current.

i would spring for a mask here because it is the most important of the gear you need. The other stuff you could rent at Cpt Dons or even next door at Buddys cuz all it is is snorkle gear and does not have to fit perfectly because the water is warm and little current.

Please read original post.

"I'm renting everything but mask/fins/boots/wetsuit."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom