Religion and scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious if you've spent any time in Africa ... particularly sub-Saharan countries like Botswana and Zambia. I found the people there, on the whole, to be intensely religious. There's plenty of praying going on ... to the same God who you pray to (those missionaries were nothing if not thorough).

Doesn't seem to help them find enough food to eat, or potable water to drink.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah, but maybe they are much more content in their thirst and hunger.

Only whole milk can answer prayers and bestow blessings. Those who direct their prayers to containers of 2% milk are in error. Those who worship skimmed milk are placing their immortal souls at risk.

It really ticks me off when people make comments like this without evidence. You pray to your 4% and I will keep on praying to my skim. Unless you can back that up with peer-reviewed data?

Besides, if it were the fat content that mattered, we'd all be down on our knees before heavy cream. Do try to apply some logic here.

Last edited:
I'm curious if you've spent any time in Africa ... particularly sub-Saharan countries like Botswana and Zambia. I found the people there, on the whole, to be intensely religious. There's plenty of praying going on ... to the same God who you pray to (those missionaries were nothing if not thorough).

Doesn't seem to help them find enough food to eat, or potable water to drink.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I thought we had this discussion already regarding the innocents... We are not just physical beings... I do not presume to know what prayer these people prayer or who they pray too... But as I said before God is just and he will make all things whole... So for those that suffered in this life, a mere spec of time compared to millenia or eternity... Much and more will be added to them... Such is the nature of the God I know... Your suffering will be as nothing when you receive your reward... Like childbirth
There humble prayer, instead of saying God I want what I want now else you dont exist could be their saving grace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added July 17th, 2015 at 04:23 PM ----------

Oh and God answering a prayer doesn't mean you get what you prayed for... Common misconception... Yes is an answer... No is an answer... Not yet is an answer... I have something better for you is an answer just wait... Etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Religion is just a great opiate. Life goes on without some "religion".

and the millions, or billions of people that say there is a God, and they have proven and tested that he exists...

As a scientist, I have no prejudiced ideas. So your VERIFIABLE proofs are impatiently awaited. You would make my day. :)

It really tics me off when people make comments like this without evidence. You pray to your 4% and I will keep on praying to my skim. Unless you can back that up with peer-reviewed data?

Besides, if it were the fat content that mattered, we'd all be down on our knees before heavy cream. Do try to apply some logic here.
Blasphemer! Burn him at the stake!

After some serious torturing, of course.

[video=youtube;QqreRufrkxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqreRufrkxM[/video]

I was just thinking it was about time that Monty Python was brought into this thread.

Oh and God answering a prayer doesn't mean you get what you prayed for... Common misconception... Yes is an answer... No is an answer... Not yet is an answer... I have something better for you is an answer just wait... Etc etc
Well, guess what! The jug of milk answers prayers in exactly the same way! And so does your fridge. Guess you didn't actually watch that video after all. What a surprise and how totally open-minded of you.

Of course, this completely goes against what the bible teaches and is just another instance of squaring the circle.

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you - Matthew 7:7

Well, guess what! The jug of milk answers prayers in exactly the same way! And so does your fridge. Guess you didn't actually watch that video after all. What a surprise and how totally open-minded of you.

Of course, this completely goes against what the bible teaches and is just another instance of squaring the circle.

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. - Mark 11:24
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you - Matthew 7:7

i already advised you to stop taking single verses out of context... read the whole thing, get an understanding of what's going on and then we can talk... i will not continue correcting you on the bible...

this thread as far as i'm concerned has been started, and restarted with the same points being restated... i think that's about all she wrote... even with ignoring the non-contributors who apparently just need to type something

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom