Regulator Setup For Air Integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thing that worries me about Deep 6 is that not all dive shops are available to work on them. So when I’m on vacation and something goes wrong, would the dive shops in the area be willing to assist me.

On the other hand, the Deep 6 signature series regulator set is half the price of the Scuba Pro MK25/s620Ti regulator set (including octopus, hoses, and SPG).

Decision...decision...
I have rsingler do my tech work. Deep6 comes with a service kit when you buy it...reach out to him and see if he services Deep6....My Deep6 is too new for a service but breathes unbelievably well

I would base the quality of reg on the number of times I’m going to use it. I want reliable air whether I dive 100 or 1 dive a year.

That’s why I went for Sherwood, the make used on Antarctic expeditions as its environmentally sealed and air balanced.
What regulator would you recommend beyond 400 feet?

What regulator would you recommend beyond 400 feet?
I doubt the OP is planning to dive below 120m, I’ve got no intention of going that deep.

To answer your question, any reg designed to operate at those depths on the gas mixes required. Most of the high end regs will work. The reality is these are rebreather depths, the open circuit bailout is just to get you back to the surface. At these depths you’re approaching the venture death range where your bronchial tubes collapse because of the pressure differential caused by breathing.

This is a little beyond the information the OP asked for.

I doubt the OP is planning to dive below 120m, I’ve got no intention of going that deep.

To answer your question, any reg designed to operate at those depths on the gas mixes required. Most of the high end regs will work. The reality is these are rebreather depths, the open circuit bailout is just to get you back to the surface. At these depths you’re approaching the venture death range where your bronchial tubes collapse because of the pressure differential caused by breathing.

The answer was inadequate but I will settle that the information is beyond your capabilities. Technical divers have been beyond 900 feet using OC. With a support crew. Each diver's VO2 max is different.

I have done several dives below 400ft. I just use regular old Apeks DST's with XTX50's and US4's

Nothing fancy required.
Much appreciated. My mentors all recommend Apeks. I've used rented Apeks TEK3 and XTX50s, although, they breathed smooth using Trimix, the Hollis 212s seemed to breathe better.

:topic:
Mk11/c370 is a bit cheaper but works great
O/w mk17/g260
Most of the shops around the world will know how to help with SP if you need it.

The answer was inadequate but I will settle that the information is beyond your capabilities. Technical divers have been beyond 900 feet using OC. With a support crew. Each diver's VO2 max is different.
You asked about which reg would work below 400ft. Which I answered above in bold. I then informed you about one of the risks with deep dives, which applies whether on OC or CCR. Those doing 900+ft accept they’re diving in the death zone (nothing to do with VO2) and plan accordingly. However, you appear to have a closed mind to any view that doesn’t match your ‘expert’ knowledge; quite common with your dive count.

would suggest some mid-tier setup if you don't dive that often

cannot suggest what though - sorry
I have a mk 25 evo + s620ti because I dive about 120 dives a year
also picked up an apeks alx+4 for my backup cylinder but haven't used it much

You asked about which reg would work below 400ft. Which I answered above in bold. I then informed you about one of the risks with deep dives, which applies whether on OC or CCR. Those doing 900+ft accept they’re diving in the death zone (nothing to do with VO2) and plan accordingly. However, you appear to have a closed mind to any view that doesn’t match your ‘expert’ knowledge; quite common with your dive count.
Answering with 'Most of the high-end regulators work' seems inadequate. I was asking for personal experience. Dive count means nothing. Athletes with high VO2 max readings recover quicker and probably make better divers.

Back
Top Bottom