Regulator Setup For Air Integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two possible routes:
Main brand or lesser known US brand.

The best way to deal with out of town services is DIY but it is NOT everyone cup of tea and not recommended for beginner diver.
There is absolutely no need to buy top of the range regulator from any manufacturers whatsoever.

SP Mk17/G260 is more than adequate. Add a DGX XTRA 2nd stage as Octo.

How does the second stage primary compare to the Deep6 or s620Ti? Looking forward something that breathes smoothly and redirects bubbles away from my mask.

Keep in mind that I’m still relatively new to diving and primarily dive in warmer waters. The more i research, the more I realize I don’t need to go with the ScubaPro set. Deep 6 signature or DGX Xtra should be fine. I just want the best setup that I can get on the front end. Buy once, cry once mentality.
The second stage looks exactly like Scubapro's G260 which I use. I have DGX's D6 custom regulator as an O2 regulator; it breathes good. You want less bubbles to pass smoothly from your regulator, the trick is to blow some of the bubbles out the side of your mouth. Something CCR divers are good at doing. If you decide to progress into technical diving you can upgrade and use those regulators for stages.

It really would be interesting to see the number of incidents requiring servicing regulators while on trips. I've been a diver for 30+ years, and can think of only 1 situation where I had a regulator problem. Paying attention to your gear with basic care and simple diagnosis mitigates the odds of occurrence significantly.

On the other hand, the Deep 6 signature series regulator set is half the price of the Scuba Pro MK25/s620Ti regulator set (including octopus, hoses, and SPG).

In the long run Scubapro pays back. I have it problem free for 16 years. I sent it to my LDS for service every 2 years.

I took note you also have an SPG as back up. Can't go wrong with a MK25; easy to service yourself. The transmitter is just an expensive gimmick.
I like to have the transmitter because I can see the tank pressure on my dive computer. Basically on one glance to my Teric, I see everything I need to know. As you see, below:
Depth =132.7 feet
Tank pressure (TI) = 2580 psi
NDL = 3 min
Time to surface (TTS) = 9 min
Gas Time Remaining (GTR) >TTS (I forgot to turn it on at the time)
Water temperature = 78 F
Dive time = 6 min & 43 sec
Breathing Gas = 21% (Air)
Home direction = green dot
North = Red arrow.

Without the transmitter, I would not know my TI, TTS, GTR which are calculated from SAC & TI.

F68CC6B7-01A3-4477-AA48-8E68919A29EA.jpeg

It really would be interesting to see the number of incidents requiring servicing regulators while on trips. I've been a diver for 30+ years, and can think of only 1 situation where I had a regulator problem. Paying attention to your gear with basic care and simple diagnosis mitigates the odds of occurrence significantly.
Actually I have seen a lot of cases usually with vacation divers.
Equipment do get ignore/neglect after a diving trip.

Ok...so after a ton or research and great input from everyone here, I've decided that I don't need to go with the Scubapro set. For a vacation diver such as myself, who only dives ~ 10 times every 6 months or so, I feel that the Deep 6 Signature Recreational Single Tank Package or the DGX Extra Streamlined OW Reg Package will suffice. Things to note:
1. I'll keep a spare repair kit with me when traveling.
2. I have access to a free backup regulator set at most places I dive.
3. I'll just send the regulator in for repair every 2 years.

So, now it comes down to deciding between the Deep 6 Signature or DGX Extra. WHICH ONE SHOULD I CHOOSE???!!! What makes one better than the other?

I do like that Deep 6 offers a free first service. That basically balances out the cost difference between the two.

HELP ME CHOOSE???!!!

Ok...so after a ton or research and great input from everyone here, I've decided that I don't need to go with the Scubapro set. For a vacation diver such as myself, who only dives ~ 10 times every 6 months or so, I feel that the Deep 6 Signature Recreational Single Tank Package or the DGX Extra Streamlined OW Reg Package will suffice. Things to note:
1. I'll keep a spare repair kit with me when traveling.
2. I have access to a free backup regulator set at most places I dive.
3. I'll just send the regulator in for repair every 2 years.

So, now it comes down to deciding between the Deep 6 Signature or DGX Extra. WHICH ONE SHOULD I CHOOSE???!!! What makes one better than the other?

I do like that Deep 6 offers a free first service. That basically balances out the cost difference between the two.

HELP ME CHOOSE???!!!
Go back to scubapro, pick the MK 17 and G260.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom