Regulator service - Do you get what you pay for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back then when I started servicing my own regulators ( '96) we had no internet access, nor YouTube. I just applied common sense. Regs were designed/made by humans and not aliens from another planet. It is not rocket science. I service all my cave diving buddies' regs along with my 19 first stages and 20+ second stages. The scubapro dealer is a good friend of mine, so getting parts have never been a problem. Some brands do require special tools, but those don't cost arms and legs and all tools/spare parts do fit in a small ammo can or tool box. If your husband likes working around the house/fixing stuff then you should go for it. If he wants to learn how to do it properly or has any doubts about doing it himself, I would recommend contacting rsingler here in this forum. He has a wealth of knowledge and a super helpful smart guy. He organizes classes online. However you have to keep in mind that regulators are life support equipment and as such if not properly serviced it could cause serious harm or even death. Just my two cents worth...

Roland

Back
Top Bottom