Regulator record - anyone beat this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
I was curious of the same thing... If they didn't have redundant 1st stages on an H valve, having 4 2nd stages was kinda pointless....
Somehow I suspect this was not a consideration.

Yeah we want pictures!

ekewaka:
Is PADI still teaching that nonsense about 60 feet per minute and no safety stop?

No. :shakehead

grassyknoll:
You laugh now, but if three other divers in the water with her go OOA at the same time she'll be prepared (does anyone teach a quad controled ascent?).
As for the isse with using you reg to pull yourslf along, that is just crazy, everyone knows you put your 4-gauge wrecking-ball-console on a long hose and throw it in front of you, then you just pull yourself along kinda' like horizontal rappeling.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: Man my ribs are hurting. That last line about a wrecking-ball-console just put me through the ether. I could actually see that in my mind. Whewww!

ekewaka:
All he said was that they were fat. He never mentioned their race.

You get offended too easily. Stop being so sensitive.

I agree, being fat for most people is a decision. Being of a certain race is somthing that nobody can choose to be.

Maybe 4reg should of used the freeflow as propulsion method instead of the old hook and drag :shakehead:D

jd950:
Hey, stop, you are killing me here. Did you hear the one about the black guy and the watermelon....

Come on, you included the weight comment to add humor value, right? The weight issue had nothing to do with your post or the issues these people supposedly had; it was just a way to insult them and make the story funnier. Too bad they weren't gay or black or Mexican or had some physical disability or spoke with a foreign accent, that would have been hilarious.

I noticed another of your posts..."Dove with absolute morons...they are completely freaking useless...Waving around like drunken seals...these monkeys are puffing away on cigarettes talking about their incredible dive...I say, give them nitrox next time and let Darwin take care of the details."

Kind of hard on folks, aren't you?

We can't all be Scubaman and Scubawoman. If these people you dove with were as unskilled as you portray, then fine, ridicule their performance or their training, but unless their weight, height, age or race plays a role in the issue the comments just makes you look bigoted. And if their weight is an issue that you want to discuss in public, do it in a more responsible fashion.

Yeah I'm kinda hard on folks. Let me see.... Unprepared, untrained overweight divers are accidents waiting to happen. Diving in those conditions with four regulators to compensate for a lack of diving skill and diving the SG with no or hardly any experience is dumb. And when **** happens (as no doubt it will soon), then there'll be condolences on the accident forum. I spoke to both these "divers" before and after the dive. They were not interested in advice. Their LDS had sold them the regs and the useless spare-air. They had also been certified by that LDS and told that the SG was not really that tough. I suppose the DO could stop them from diving. I've never seen that happen yet. Anyone seen that yet? No wait... you'd probably accuse the captain of some new form of discrimination.

Maybe my tone was sarcastic (deliberately so) but my message is not. This is a tough unforgiving sport. Being trained and prepared is not a joke. Amazing how this has veered from overweight to racist, age and height discriminating. And yeah they were major league overweight. I asked my buddies they agree on that. No question about it.

tridacna:
..... Amazing how this has veered from overweight to racist, age and height discriminating. And yeah they were major league overweight. I asked my buddies they agree on that. No question about it.
Well actually i thought it was about being unskilled and bad equip configeration, you made it a deal about being overweight

so what... you asked your buddies. if it was jessica alba and you asked your buddies if she was hot would it still have played a part in your telling of the story???

almitywife:
Well actually i thought it was about being unskilled and bad equip configeration, you made it a deal about being overweight

so what... you asked your buddies. if it was jessica alba and you asked your buddies if she was hot would it still have played a part in your telling of the story???

Then it would be the smokin hot chick with 4 regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom