Regulator Freeze-up At Monterey (CA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rstofer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am cross posting this from the Equipment->Regulators forum as suggested.

Has anyone had problems with regulator freeze-up at Monterey? Any particular brands/models to stay away from?

I have been reading the various posts regarding freezing and I am beginning to get concerned. I have a couple of old Oceanic Omega II regulators that I bought in Singapore and used in south and south-east Asia. I have also used them at Catalina and Monterey without incident.

But, what if it was just luck?

I am fairly certain the dive shops aren't renting Oceanic Delta 4/FDX10 or ScubaPro Mk17/G250V regulators for checkout dives. Hm... What are they renting?

So, what are people using? Or more to the point, what are they NOT using?

Richard

You should be fine in Monterey. The water usually hovers between ~48/55 deg. F from my experience. While a free flow is possible, it's probably due to conditions other than simply water temperature.

I've seen them freeze up on National Geographic diving in Antartic... Never heard of them freezing up in Monterey....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom