Regulator configuration for recreational diving

What is your regulator configuration for single tank recreational diving

• Short hose primary reg and longer hose backup reg, the usual "standard"

Votes: 42 27.5%
  • Short hose primary reg and combination inflator/reg backup (Air 2...)

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Long hose primary (40 inches, 5 foot, 7 foot...) and bungeed back up

Votes: 83 54.2%
  • Sidemount

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • One of the above plus a pony

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Other, descibe in post

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Long hose primary with combination inflator/reg backup

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Short hose primary with bungeed backup

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Double hose primary, with or without a backup

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As do GUE.

I have no idea of the numbers either...

I only responded to your post that I originally quoted as you stated 90%-99%, which now you say you have no idea about the numbers.

Since SSI is one of the larger agencies I will assume more and more divers are becoming familiar with primary donate. Notice I don't say long hose, necklaced secondary or anything about configuration. I just say SSI teaches primary donate.

If you watch the SSI training videos you will see primary donation using what many consider standard gear configuration: Jacket BCD, Primary 2nd stage on a normal length hose coming over the right shoulder, and an octopus secondary stored under the right arm near the chest.

I only responded to your post that I originally quoted as you stated 90%-99%, which now you say you have no idea about the numbers.

Since SSI is one of the larger agencies I will assume more and more divers are becoming familiar with primary donate. Notice I don't say long hose, necklaced secondary or anything about configuration. I just say SSI teaches primary donate.

If you watch the SSI training videos you will see primary donation using what many consider standard gear configuration: Jacket BCD, Primary 2nd stage on a normal length hose coming over the right shoulder, and an octopus secondary stored under the right arm near the chest.

Thank you, I had a quick look at the SSI site, but finally found a video on youtube.

I found the SSI video of air donation. Looks like they teach both primary donate and donating the octopus.
What is slightly confusing is the instructor has a shorter hose on the primary than the octopus.

It's nice they teach both, it caters for all.

I dive a longer hose primary with Air2.

Set up no. 1, Shorter over shoulder primary, with bright yellow octopus hose, under arm terminating in a big yellow ball retainer clipped to over shoulder d-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom