• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Regs recommendation - Oceanic Delta 5 EDX vs Scubapro MK11/C370

Discussion in 'Regulators' started by CodeyB, Jan 22, 2021.

1. CodeyB

CodeyB New

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Hello all,

My wife and I are looking into getting our own regulators. We are not looking for a basic set of regs, but something mid range that will hopefully be long lasting. The Oceanic Delta 5 and Scubapro MK11 were recommended to us, as we do not dive a lot being landlocked (10 - 15 dives per year). We dive both warm water and cold water, and all of our diving requires air travel. Also, there are no dive shops within a 5 hour radius from us, so making a purchase based on what a local dive shop can supply/service is not a factor.

Any positive input is appreciated!

Thanks, Codey

2. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    What attracted you to the Oceanic?

3. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    The MK11/C370 is a fine regulator, I would consider getting it with a second C370 as the alternate. Maybe a dealer would cut you a deal, particularly with 2 sets.

I do not know Oceanic regulators

4. lexvil

lexvil ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I have and would recommend the Mk11/c370, top end performance and lower mid pricing.

CodeyB and scubadada like this.
  5. CodeyB

CodeyB New

It was one of the two that was recommended to us by the dive shop. We live in northern Alberta. To dive we travel down south in the winter, and to Atlantic Canada in the summers while visiting family. We flew to Vancouver a couple years ago to do out certifications and went back this past summer to do our dry suit cert, which was when I inquired about buying our own regs.

6. Marie13

I know nothing about Oceanic regs. If your only choice is between the Oceanic and the ScubaPro, go with the Scubapro. They’re a known quantity at least. I’m an AquaLung/Apeks fan myself.

7. CodeyB

CodeyB New

After reading up on them, Oceanic is well known for reliability, and parts for life is a nice bonus. Reviews that I have read are very positive on both options that I've listed, thus making it hard to decide.

8. Marie13

Here’s the thing with the free parts for life - regs have to go in for service every year to get it. Miss a year, you’re out of luck. Also, the free parts could go away. Happened with SP, from what I’ve read here.

9. CodeyB

CodeyB New

That's an excellent point. Although price between these two is certainly not a determining factor for me. If it were, the Oceanic would be the clear choice, as my quoted price is $150 less per set and the current parts for life savings. Its more about what will be better preforming, and reliable over the years. Due to our infrequent diving I can see our regs being a very long term purchase, or if nothing else become a backup set.

10. thbcthomas

thbcthomas Contributor

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    lexvil likes this.