Reg for Argon bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atticus:
I use a DS4 with a button gg and OPRV on a 6cf aluminum tank. If I did it over again I'd look for a steel low pressure tank of about the same size and a valve with a smaller handle.

The integrated valve/reg units look nice - do you guys know what the problem is with the argon leaking out?

I have one set up on a 6cuft. bottle and the issue is with one of two things. Either the OPV or the filler seat. Usually it is the filler seat since it uses the HP port that is drilled out with a small seat and spring. Any speck of dust and it will leak a little. I have not had a problem on a dive except for one time, that is why I leave a back up LP on my back gas, just in case.

Tavi:
I bought one too. When I filled my tank the first time it was fine, The second time it leaked back out!! :11:
I don't need a problem reg or one that I don't trust.
I now use one of my DS4's.

That problem has been resolved. The earlier model had a nylon seat. We have a stainless replacement for that seat. If you send me your address on PM we will send you one.

We sell many of the integrated argon/valve systems since it was introduced by Abyss over 18 mos ago. While Abyss is now gone. Tech Diving Limited services those prior units as a courtesy and we continue to sell the product without interuption.

The key to this unit is that it's always on, is set at a low IP to prevent runaway inflators and is extremely compact. We have added a new fill adapter that can be used with a standard scuba whip which makes filling and transfilling a breeze.

New photos will be on the website in a few days on the new filler unit.

Thanks

JS1scuba:
We sell many of the integrated argon/valve systems since it was introduced by Abyss over 18 mos ago. While Abyss is now gone. Tech Diving Limited services those prior units as a courtesy and we continue to sell the product without interuption.

Joel, thanks for speaking up! Is the fill whip adapter including with the basic unit or is it available for an additional charge?

JS1scuba:
That problem has been resolved. The earlier model had a nylon seat. We have a stainless replacement for that seat. If you send me your address on PM we will send you one.

The key to this unit is that it's always on, is set at a low IP to prevent runaway inflators and is extremely compact. We have added a new fill adapter that can be used with a standard scuba whip which makes filling and transfilling a breeze.

New photos will be on the website in a few days on the new filler unit.

Thanks

Joel you are absolutely correct, when you sent me the replacement with the steel seat this took care of my problem. I still get grit in there from time to time but that is the enviornment in NFL cave diving and just accept that I have to clean the filler area from time to time. Well worth it with the slimmer profile and dropping the valve from the set up. By the way thanks for dropping that in my last shipment.

Bobby

Atticus:
Joel, thanks for speaking up! Is the fill whip adapter including with the basic unit or is it available for an additional charge?

the fill adapters are seperate from the unit itself ---

Reg1-Argon Fill - Yoke type = $59.00
Reg1-Argon Fill - Station type = $59.00 as well.

I just put the photo up on the webstore.

Here it is as well.

Regards,

trob09:
It's set up to work best by transfilling from a larger tank, not a standard scuba filling whip. An hour or so on McMaster-
Carr's website & I found the parts needed to convert this to DIN fill whip friendly but haven't converted an existing tank.
What are the McMaster part numbers to make it DIN fill whip friendly?

I've looked, but without success.

Dan Gibson:
Making it more compact :D
By between 1/4 and 1/2 an inch. I would keep it on for its obvious benefits If you are in the cold and using your drysuit, and that thign freeflows it could be a b with an itch to stop.... ha ha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom