Reg for Argon bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't had any problems with the US4 freeflowing as an argon reg. The IP is set low (around 80 psi) and I dive in low 40s all the time. Sometimes I even get into the upper 30s. Of course I add small amounts of gas at a time. Using a reg to inflate as well as breathing off it at the same time is what really causes problems. I should never see the volume of flow that is generally associated with free flowing regs.

rescuediver009:
By between 1/4 and 1/2 an inch. I would keep it on for its obvious benefits If you are in the cold and using your drysuit, and that thign freeflows it could be a b with an itch to stop.... ha ha

Atticus:
I use a DS4 with a button gg and OPRV on a 6cf aluminum tank. If I did it over again I'd look for a steel low pressure tank of about the same size and a valve with a smaller handle.

The integrated valve/reg units look nice - do you guys know what the problem is with the argon leaking out?

I use OMS 8cft tanks (not in production anymore), and an old Poseidon unbalanced 1st stage. The 8cft are nice as you can cram alot of gas in there (yes, I overfill). I also just use air, not argon. I've found that for me, it makes no difference in warmth (I dive in hi 30's F)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom