Reg for Argon bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:

I have one. I got it in the great "Abysmal goes out of business sale". Overall, it looks like a quality device but I haven't hooked it up.

Why? - filling argon looks to be a pain with it. It's set up to work best by transfilling from a larger tank, not a standard scuba filling whip. An hour or so on McMaster-
Carr's website & I found the parts needed to convert this to DIN fill whip friendly but haven't converted an existing tank.

I use an Oceanic Alpha 7 first stage that's been detuned slightly. be sure to add an over-presure valve.

trob09:
I have one. I got it in the great "Abysmal goes out of business sale". Overall, it looks like a quality device but I haven't hooked it up.

I bought one too. When I filled my tank the first time it was fine, The second time it leaked back out!! :11:
I don't need a problem reg or one that I don't trust.
I now use one of my DS4's.

Yeah...
I tried this style of reg once with an H2Odessey system. Same thing, filled once, then it all leaked back out the one-way next time. To be fair, I was told by the vendor that there was a parts upgrade available for the valve (a metal for plastic swap) that would solve the problem, but I passed on the system...

No it is the US1. It is the same as the DS4 with less ports. That regulator mentioned above is the same as the OMS first stage. I know that the actual regulator works well when screwedinto a valve. It has four ports and works well. I don't think that there is anything that you can get for cheaper. I think that it costs about $100.... then all you need is a button gauge, bc whip, and OPRV and you are set to go.

There is also a US4.

rescuediver009:
No it is the US1. It is the same as the DS4 with less ports. That regulator mentioned above is the same as the OMS first stage. I know that the actual regulator works well when screwedinto a valve. It has four ports and works well. I don't think that there is anything that you can get for cheaper. I think that it costs about $100.... then all you need is a button gauge, bc whip, and OPRV and you are set to go.

I use a DS4 with a button gg and OPRV on a 6cf aluminum tank. If I did it over again I'd look for a steel low pressure tank of about the same size and a valve with a smaller handle.

The integrated valve/reg units look nice - do you guys know what the problem is with the argon leaking out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom