Seeking reports on Halo Argon undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say go for it. The only thing I disliked was the pvlave hose routing. They put the hole above the waistline. It would work fine for those routing over the waist but if you come out the leg, you need to punch a hole.

The sizing is not the same as the old halo3d.
I am 6'1" and I wore a 2xl short in the 3d.
I ordered the same in the AR and it was actually short. I wound up buying a standard 2xl that fits perfectly.

On that note, if you happen to fit a 2xl short, I have one with one dive on it and a p valve hose hole cut in the leg that I would sell.
I'm an XLT, but thanks for the offer.

I have been diving the Halo AR for a couple of years. Its warmth depends on what you are coming from.
Switching from the Halo 3d, I found it to be nearly identical for warmth but at half the bulk. Switching from Arctics, it is a much warmer suit and bulk will be similar.
I dive it often and have been a big fan. I would recommend it.
So I finally got a chance to dive the Halo ARs I got from Tracy in some 47f water. I dove them with the j2 base layer.

They’re warm. Much warmer than the artics + Xerotherm + j2 snd noticeably warmer than the 3ds. I started sweating standing around in them on a 45f degree day while getting geared up.

They needed 8lb less weight than the 3ds. the trim characteristics were basically the same, which are very nice on both the 3d and ar. Because they don’t have the shoulder foam like the halo 3d so they’re easier to get to the valves too and they vent very easily

So I finally got a chance to dive the Halo ARs I got from Tracy in some 47f water. I dove them with the j2 base layer.

They’re warm. Much warmer than the artics + Xerotherm + j2 snd noticeably warmer than the 3ds. I started sweating standing around in them on a 45f degree day while getting geared up.

They needed 8lb less weight than the 3ds. the trim characteristics were basically the same, which are very nice on both the 3d and ar. Because they don’t have the shoulder foam like the halo 3d so they’re easier to get to the valves too and they vent very easily
That is interesting that you found them warmer than the 3d. Temperature wise I couldn't tell any difference.
But they are way more comfortable and I also found I needed about 6 pounds less lead to sink them.

That is interesting that you found them warmer than the 3d. Temperature wise I couldn't tell any difference.
But they are way more comfortable and I also found I needed about 6 pounds less lead to sink them.
It’s all very subjective, but I don’t remember becoming instantly hot in the 3ds while gearing up on similar days. In the water I felt warmer but it could be confirmation bias

I ordered the Halo AR in XLS size and the length was perfect but no room for base layer and heated vest. I exchanged it for XXLS and the top half is perfect but the legs are about 6-9 inches too long. I cannot wear them with all the extra bulk in the legs. Does anuone have any ideas for a remedy? I know they don't do a custom fit like the dry suit.

I ordered the Halo AR in XLS size and the length was perfect but no room for base layer and heated vest. I exchanged it for XXLS and the top half is perfect but the legs are about 6-9 inches too long. I cannot wear them with all the extra bulk in the legs. Does anuone have any ideas for a remedy? I know they don't do a custom fit like the dry suit.
Cut the bottons off and sew the stirrups back one. That is what I did with my old halo 3d before they came out with a short version.

Is anyone wearing one of these with a heater vest underneath?
I am, I would guess a majority probably are.

Is anyone wearing one of these with a heater vest underneath?
I am, I wear a Lightmonkey heated shirt or a Venture Heat heated vest underneath for diving around Vancouver Island in the winter (water gets down to ~4C/39F normally). I really like it as an undersuit, easier to vent/control gas than something like a BZ400, but about the same amount of warmth.

Back
Top Bottom