Seeking reports on Halo Argon undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stretchthepenn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm considering the situation with my drysuit undergarments, and I'm thinking about buying a Fourth Element Halo Argon. Thing is, it's pricey. Does anyone have experience with it?

I have the Halo AR. It's way warmer than the Arctic with about the same buoyancy. The big standout for me is the comfort. For the warmth it's the most flexible undergarment I've warn (better than the Arctic)and it simply feels like I'm laying in my bed with not a single hotspot during the dive. My longest dive to date in it was 4.5 hours in 70f water. I was totally cozy the entire time. Personally I start adding more layers to it when the water gets below 60f, but I'm a cold weeny.

Edit: I was wearing Arctic+Xerotherm before I got the Halo to keep about the same warmth.

I was wearing Arctic+Xerotherm before I got the Halo to keep about the same warmth.
I find the Artic+Xerotherm quite bulky. I had to change out my necklaced regulator hose (sidemount) for a longer one when I wore that combo early this year. The Halo AR sounds magical.

Buy it. It’s fantastic. A medium wool base layer and the AR and I’m good for an hour in any water. Really looking forward to getting a pair of the matching dry glove liners. Yes the AR is expensive but worth it.

Have one. Would encourage trying it on if possible. The side zip is a bit goofy and the collar seems to be built as if the model has sloping shoulders or extraordinary trapezius. That said, it is warm. I keep a crushed Halo3D in FL for large dives and both the AR and a Weezle Extreme up north. The Extreme will dry more quickly and is more packable for travel but currently find the AR warmer. That, Patagonia Capilene Air baselayer, LM shirt or vest, AR, and off you go for most things.

I have been diving the Halo AR for a couple of years. Its warmth depends on what you are coming from.
Switching from the Halo 3d, I found it to be nearly identical for warmth but at half the bulk. Switching from Arctics, it is a much warmer suit and bulk will be similar.
I dive it often and have been a big fan. I would recommend it.

I have been diving the Halo AR for a couple of years. Its warmth depends on what you are coming from.
Switching from the Halo 3d, I found it to be nearly identical for warmth but at half the bulk. Switching from Arctics, it is a much warmer suit and bulk will be similar.
I dive it often and have been a big fan. I would recommend it.

That's interesting. I like the warmth of the halo 3d, but not the bulk, of which some of it is unavoidable obviously, I might have to check out the ARs

That's interesting. I like the warmth of the halo 3d, but not the bulk, of which some of it is unavoidable obviously, I might have to check out the ARs
I would say go for it. The only thing I disliked was the pvlave hose routing. They put the hole above the waistline. It would work fine for those routing over the waist but if you come out the leg, you need to punch a hole.

The sizing is not the same as the old halo3d.
I am 6'1" and I wore a 2xl short in the 3d.
I ordered the same in the AR and it was actually short. I wound up buying a standard 2xl that fits perfectly.

On that note, if you happen to fit a 2xl short, I have one with one dive on it and a p valve hose hole cut in the leg that I would sell.

On that note, if you happen to fit a 2xl short, I have one with one dive on it and a p valve hose hole cut in the leg that I would sell.
I'm 5'10, but if it's shorter than the 3d's I'd be worried I feel like the 2xl short I have in them is already a bit on the short side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom