Reg Choice Help! Scubapro, Oceanic or Atomic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Newbie here just certified in Aruba 2 months ago. Friends gave me fins and a mask as my "graduation" present. I'm already booked on two more trips before end of year and 2 planned for next year. I've decided to go ahead and get my own stuff. After reading reviews, boards, etc. I'm down to 3 choices. Thoughts on these? Finding them locally is a challenge but I'll deal. Oceanic I can order (scuba.com -- they're an approved Oceanic vendor and I got a gift cert for my b'day)

1. Scuba Pro MK25/x650
2. Oceanic Delta4/FDX-10
3. Atomic Aquatics B1/T2

Most of my diving will be warm water - Bonaire, Cozumel, etc. but also want to try the cenotes in Mexico and some of the springs in FL that I've read about.

1. Scuba Pro MK25/x650, that's what I have, life time warranty on parts.

.....all three are excellent choices. However, I would recommend the Oceanic Delta 4. I liked it enough to buy two (one for me and one for my son). Tune it in and you are home free for a great diving experience.

Atomic B2 is more expensive but closer to the price of the others you list while the T-2 is around $1,350.

If you drove a Rolls Royce you'd probably have an Atomic regulator.

I drive a Toyota but because I have an Atomic B2 I can pretend.

Honestly, they all seem like good choices.
I have the Atomic B2. I'm happy with it. It does what it's supposed to do...

I too am a newbie who got certified in....Pennsylvania. Got the Scuba Pro set up you mentioned before my OW dives and haven't regretted it. Got Dry Suit certified in .....
Pennsylvania (are you getting the hint) and I'm going Ice Diving in January. I hear the diving is OK in Aruba, True?

Depending on how often you expect to dive, this might be a good thing to look for from your LDS -- it can be really convenient to get local service. (Sometimes you may just want a minor tweak done on something, or to ask minor questions.)

If it's a second set of regs, or you really only expect to dive on pre-planned vacation trips, so sending it away for service is no problem, then online might work well for you.
(Depending on your LDS, a regular customer may get discounts which end up making their prices match "average" online prices.)

Meanwhile I'll just stay with my Sherwood regs :)

Back
Top Bottom