Reg Choice Help! Scubapro, Oceanic or Atomic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Besides some famous brands like SP and Apeks, atomic has definitely caught my attention, esp the reg review done by scubadiving magazine; however, when I check
the recall list, I realized the previous issue of Atomic regulator, any comment on this?

http://www.cdnn.info/recall/atomic_010418/atomic_010418.html

I like my Scubapro. It breathes the same at depth, upside down, any water temp. And free replacement parts. It is very reliable. I, too, agree--buy your life support equipment from your LDS.

Should check out November's Scuba Diving Mags "Muscle Reg" report. It's not a review with winners and losers. Instead it highlights the highest performance regs available complete w/ specs and multiple sim tests. Some of the regs discussed on this thread made the list.

Hey I wanna thank everyone who took the time to respond. I finally decided on the Atomic B2 w/ swivel first stage with an Aqualung Calypso octo. Also picked up the Sherwood Tortuga from an LDS. Now to find a dive buddy to get away in the next week or two...I'm getting tired of lying in the tub with it on :)

As a newbie the whole question of LDS vs. online was one I'd not expected. I used a gift certificate that had been given me to get my gauges and the rest at one of the LDS. I have to say that there are several Atomic dealers within the metro Philly area but having called around to all of them I was left cold by the attitude that I faced from the folks on the phone. I finally found an AMAZING place out in the burbs..it's a pain to get to since I don't keep a car living in the middle of the city but worth it. This guy will get every bit of my business. I got a GREAT deal on my stuff beating all other quotes and the owner was full of advice, always positive, never judgmental or overly opinonated, his love of living and enthusiasm shows through and I'm booking a trip with him. NOW I understand the benefits of an LDS...but I have to say that the others I spoke to in the area didn't impress me at all and turned me off big time. I feel lucky to have found this one. Anyone who might read this thread and is going through the same thing....take your time and find a match for what you need..it can be great.

I believe the MK25 and the atomic first stages are the same. The real difference with the atomic regs is the different materials they use such as titanium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom