Reef Sweep and Beach Cleanup June 12 '04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm putting it down on my calendar.

Sounds good to me, we haven't done a clean up project before....... anything special needed other than maybe gloves?

I sent Rose an email to see if the Lauderdale by the Sea location could be added, alluding that a good amount of us would be willing to do that area. Once I have a reply I will post it here. Either way, I'm up for some beach reef sweeping. One question, how will we log it on our REEF survey form???????

There we go, we'll get a few people from here writing.. that'll get their attention!! :D Divers in abundance!!

baitedstorm - aside from making sure your gear is in good order and probably wanting to do a good once over on it to make sure there are no loose or floppy straps, etc, that can get hung up you want a pair of trauma shears. They work way better than a knife and will cut steel liter like butter.

I can get trauma shears at a very reasonable rate, and since I only really carry them for clean up dives, I dont much care about a carry case for them. If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll order a box or two for the event - I've got the lowest price you can find them for ocean side :D

CBulla:
I can get trauma shears at a very reasonable rate, and since I only really carry them for clean up dives, I dont much care about a carry case for them. If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll order a box or two for the event - I've got the lowest price you can find them for ocean side :D

They supply you with shears for the dive. But I would like to get a pair for my own use.

Marc

So would I. I hear you can get them for about $2.50 at Walgreens...

If you can show me the walgreens with the shears at that price you'll get them from me at that- otherwise they are $5 and I can guarantee that I'll have them.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom