Reef Divers requirements?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know the answer to that. The dive operation is very responsive either to email or phone calls, so best bet is to contact them directly.

There are two ways to approach it with them. One is to just suggest that they do a refresher at home to avoid any questions. The other is to suggest that they go to the local quarry or lake and do a quick dive (with rental equipment if needed), so that they can honestly say their most recent dive was a month or two prior to the trip.

I am actually surprised to read that the RD forms don't ask, because I can remember looking at my log on my computer to find that info when filling out their forms. I can remember filling out a form or at least answering the questions "how many dives do you have?", "when was your last dive", and "what is your highest level of certification". Maybe the online forms are different from what they hand out at the dive shop?

I was just in the Reef Divers shop at Cobalt Coast last week filling out my annual waiver. The form I was given does indeed request the number of dives, last dive, and level of certification.

I was just in the Reef Divers shop at Cobalt Coast last week filling out my annual waiver. The form I was given does indeed request the number of dives, last dive, and level of certification.

That's what I remember recently from Cayman Brac Beach Resort. They should replace those old forms on the website.

How was your diving?

That's what I remember recently from Cayman Brac Beach Resort. They should replace those old forms on the website.

How was your diving?
I'll mention to them next time I get over there..
Tough for me to comment on dives Kathy. I don't dive like the majority. This time of year with friends on island who prefer only shore dives, that's where you'll find me. Some days I may or may not even make it to the mini wall at CC if diving there, A lot of macro critters in the shallows usually does well at holding my attention for a 2 hour dive, sometimes two of them. Have had nurse shark sighting, moray eels,yellow jacks, turtles, etc, as well as seahares, nudibranchs, blennies, porcelain crab, and a pipehorse in the shallows at CC.
Last week seahorses, octopus ,eels, lots of crabs, and dwarf frogfish at TR, Lhpt has school of squid hanging in the shallows, pipefish, turtles, flying gurnard, and some nudibranchs.
Vis and current hit and miss.

I'll mention to them next time I get over there..
Tough for me to comment on dives Kathy. I don't dive like the majority. This time of year with friends on island who prefer only shore dives, that's where you'll find me. Some days I may or may not even make it to the mini wall at CC if diving there, A lot of macro critters in the shallows usually does well at holding my attention for a 2 hour dive, sometimes two of them. Have had nurse shark sighting, moray eels,yellow jacks, turtles, etc, as well as seahares, nudibranchs, blennies, porcelain crab, and a pipehorse in the shallows at CC.
Last week seahorses, octopus ,eels, lots of crabs, and dwarf frogfish at TR, Lhpt has school of squid hanging in the shallows, pipefish, turtles, flying gurnard, and some nudibranchs.
Vis and current hit and miss.

Thanks, it's good news that the shore dive is open at this time of year.

Thanks, it's good news that the shore dive is open at this time of year.
You have to wait for good combination of wind and wave direction to shore dive at any of the above. I never look whether it's going to rain, but rather Windguru for sea conditions..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom