Redondo Accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eqo31

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another unfortunate incident at Redondo this year.

----------------
DES MOINES, Wash. – Emergency crews were called to Redondo Beach in the Des Moines area when a diver got into trouble during a class.

Kendra Kay with South King Fire said the class was out in about 40 feet of water when a middle-aged woman began having problems.

Kay said the woman was unconscious and medics were performing CPR.

The dive instructor was treated for exhaustion from trying to help the woman, whose condition is not known.

Can't post URLs, on headlines at King5.com, mirrored at MSNBC

Last edited:
Not a whole lot of info available on this accident at the moment.

We've been in the midst of a world-class plankton bloom for the past couple weeks, with visibility running in the 1 to 3 foot range in the shallows. That can make for some stressful conditions for OW students.

From what I have heard, this woman was revived and has made a complete recovery.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Honestly, I've found my own attempts at "fun" diving in the last couple of weeks to be between unsatisfying and stressful. I was highly stressed during my OW checkout dives, which were done in June in fairly poor visibility . . . but nothing like what we have now. I can't imagine teaching OW in this stuff, and I can't imagine being a brand new student in it, either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom