recreational trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Pirate once bubbled...
You better be able to do a slow controlled ascent and do all necessary stops no matter what gas you are diving. The rate of ascent from depth should be no different with trimix, nitrox or regular air. If you can't control your ascent, you shouldn't be diving.

The Pirate :pirate:

That is not what your previous post stated or implied. Have you make up your mind yet as to what you want to say?

You are getting confused. There are no additional performance based skills needed to dive trimix, nitrox or air. There is however, additional knowledge needed to safely and effectively dive different gasses (i.e., depth limits with higher ppO2's, etc.). In fact, contrary to popular misconceived belief, helium based dive gasses are more forgiving that nitrogen rich air. Buoyancy control is still buoyancy control no matter what gas you are breathing.

The Pirate :pirate:

IANTD is training divers in use of "Normoxic Trimix for those who dive to regularly to 40-56 metres and are not comfortable using air at those dephts.". Someone got more info on that?

Fiscus once bubbled...
IANTD is training divers in use of "Normoxic Trimix for those who dive to regularly to 40-56 metres and are not comfortable using air at those dephts.". Someone got more info on that?

The IANTD Normoxic Trimix class envolves staged decompression and multiple gasses. It is a "tech" course with a floor of 200 ft. Since the GUE course is Triox I would assume (I haven't read anything specific) that we're talking shallower depths and no mandatory deco. Hence the term Recreational Triox. Maybe someone will come in with some specifics.

Fiscus once bubbled...

As Mike already said, the IANTD is a technical class using staged deco and large doubles, and requires prior classes or experience. Their website, www.iantd.com, has all the info on the class.

I believe, from earlier posts here, the triox class is limited to 120' and does NOT include deco.

MD

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

The IANTD Normoxic Trimix class envolves staged decompression and multiple gasses. It is a "tech" course with a floor of 200 ft. Since the GUE course is Triox I would assume (I haven't read anything specific) that we're talking shallower depths and no mandatory deco. Hence the term Recreational Triox. Maybe someone will come in with some specifics.

You are correct Mike. THis will be a recreational no decompression course.. We suggest a depth limit of 120' and a diver can use either single or double tank configuration..

Basically we are looking to help divers that want to continue to dive in the 80' - 120', and do so in a safer and more efficient manner, but isn't looking to go the technical route with mandatory decompression obligations and gas switches..

Hope that helps..

Later

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom