recreational trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MechDiver once bubbled...
I need alot more evidence of that fact that your opinion
My "evidence" is that I have done the dives and know what works, and have discussed this stuff with those who have been doing it from the beginning. Other than that I have no interest in proving anything or arguing about it, but if you take the class that started this thread I'm sure the instructors will be willing to go over it in detail.

-Nick

nradov once bubbled...

My "evidence" is that I have done the dives and know what works, and have discussed this stuff with those who have been doing it from the beginning. Other than that I have no interest in proving anything or arguing about it, but if you take the class that started this thread I'm sure the instructors will be willing to go over it in detail.

-Nick

Thanks, but I think I'll just muddle along in my apparent ignorance along with the majority of the rest of the world.

Phil

Spectre once bubbled...

Mix helps you see the murk better [/]
Or realize that it's not all just murk :)

:)

Except that I have been to the bottom of the more shallow lakes (60-80'), and it really is just murk. Silt, rocks, and the occasional boulder to break up the monotony. Boulders piles are Montana's version of a reef system. :wink: No fish to speak of, but at least we have some bottom relief.

Now, river diving is another thing altogether. The blue-ribbon trout streams are *awesome* current dives. Shallow, clear, and you feel like you're in a pod racer from Star Wars. Plus, it's alot easier to 'sneak' up on a fish when you're doing 3-4 knots. :wink:

Nate

the LEVEL of control necessary for a He-based mix is higher than that for an N2-based mix, correct?

Huh! Where in the world did you get this from? Somebody who knows someone who is a He-based mix diver? If you can walk and chew gum then you have the necessary LEVEL of control for a He-based mix. FACT (for the guy who wants everything backed up by Fact).

Is there not a difference in the level of skill that is a "safe minimum" for the two mixes?

Is there a difference in the level of skill that one needs to breath clean fresh mountain air vs. polluted city air, or fresh rose scented air vs. a smelly fart? I don't think so. Level of skill has nothing to do with what gas you put in a tank. The gas that goes in a tank should always be the proper gas for the dive, what ever the dive may be. FACT (for the guy who wants everything backed up by Fact).

The Pirate :pirate:

The Pirate once bubbled...

If you can walk and chew gum then you have the necessary LEVEL of control for a He-based mix

Too funny thar Mate!. Are you a sock puppet, or is that a pigeon on your shoulder?

...pay no attention to the sockpuppets...

If you use helium in your mix then you had better be able to do a slow controlled ascent and make all necessary stops.

You better be able to do a slow controlled ascent and do all necessary stops no matter what gas you are diving. The rate of ascent from depth should be no different with trimix, nitrox or regular air. If you can't control your ascent, you shouldn't be diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom