Recreational Pony Bottles, completely unnecessary? Why or why not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends which wrecks (of course). Most people "penetrating" a wreck would be superficial, for example dropping down into a hold and so on. Others are possible to get through the wreck in the corridors, but that's not as normal (wrecks decay and collapse in). Newer wrecks are more interesting with routes through (e.g. Hispania and Breda near the Sound of Mull).

The twinset/sidemount rig's important as you've got plenty of reserves should you get a little caught out; someone's flapped a fin or gone into the silt and screwed your visibility, so you need to slowly back out and wait for it to clear. Gas anxiety is really bad for stress levels (one of the big benefits of a rebreather).

The twinset/sidemount rig's important as you've got plenty of reserves should you get a little caught out; someone's flapped a fin or gone into the silt and screwed your visibility, so you need to slowly back out and wait for it to clear. Gas anxiety is really bad for stress levels (one of the big benefits of a rebreather).
Dealing with zero vis in a wreck is par for the course and you shouldn’t be caught out by it. Recreational divers should not penetrate a wreck unless they’re confident they can exit in zero vis. Which means having a detailed mental picture of your surroundings, the ability to feel your way out and keep your composure.

FB_IMG_1637194925757.jpg

I hope this resolves this pointless debate once and for all.

I hope this resolves this pointless debate once and for all.

Not a single piece of new information or anything that changes any opinion concerning the use of pony bottles since the first few pages in this thread or anything of value compared with all of the other threads on this board concerning this subject. All discussions so far are just exercises of how to beat a dead horse long after it has been dead and it bled out completely ages ago. BUT, it goes on and on and on and on to infinitude.

Not a single piece of new information or anything that changes any opinion concerning the use of pony bottles since the first few pages in this thread or anything of value compared with all of the other threads on this board concerning this subject. All discussions so far are just exercises of how to beat a dead horse long after it has been dead and it bled out completely ages ago. BUT, it goes on and on and on and on to infinitude.
Thank you for that insightful contribution to humanity..*

*only 34 more postings to hit 100 pages…

Thank you for that insightful contribution to humanity..*

*only 34 more postings to hit 100 pages…

I am so full of anticipation and excitement in waiting for your most generous charity contribution to the galaxy. It will be a cosmic event when it does happen!!!

I am so full of anticipation and excitement in waiting for your most generous charity contribution to the galaxy. It will be a cosmic event when it does happen!!!
33 posts to 100 pages….*

*most recent post prior to yours was Wednesday. Posting how inane a thread is automatically pops it back to the top… excellent way to invigorate a zombie thread is to comment on it‘s pointlessness

33 posts to 100 pages….*

*most recent post prior to yours was Wednesday. Posting how inane a thread is automatically pops it back to the top… excellent way to invigorate a zombie thread is to comment on it‘s pointlessness

One post at the time and you will reach the sun...

From September 25th (when I started the thread) till now, November 29th—I have logged 46 dives without a pony bottle. Where are you guys/gals at?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom