Recommendations for pressure testing an AI computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately for me, the Aeris Atmos AI owners manual, says not to dry pressure test the computer. I don't know if a one-off test woul damage the sensor, but would hate to go through the effort and expense of having hatch covers made only to screw up the computer.

Maybe try the DIY water filter housing filled with distilled water.

Unfortunately for me, the Aeris Atmos AI owners manual, says not to dry pressure test the computer. I don't know if a one-off test woul damage the sensor, but would hate to go through the effort and expense of having hatch covers made only to screw up the computer.
Yes, stick with what the manual says- they had their own sensors and there may be some other issue. Though I can guess (and only guess) it's the same consideration. If they use a silicone type gel sealant, that is likely gas permeable and could be damaged by rapid gas pressure changes, not so much in water.
Ron

Back
Top Bottom