Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Relax, guys - I went to ffhamm by PM as soon as I saw the post (I was all :shocked2:), and he assured me he was joking.

Of course, if the lines are gone, count me in! :angrymob:

As of this morning, the first leg of the line has been reported as missing and cut off at the depth range he mentioned.

Pete, can you confirm this personally?

PD...I'm pretty sure "Joe King" is joking. His entire post was a mockery of my post, and a joke on you. I'm fairly confident your lines are just fine. Not sure who he's trying to amuse besides himself. You make some good points about lines nonetheless.

Everyone all bent out of shape.

Relax.

1> I wasnt mocking your post. Vis wasnt as good as reported but still outstanding. (pretty sure you got it the first time you read it.)
2> I know the PVC was someone's bouancy course, It's still exactly where it was. even enjoyed its use.
3> Didn't see or mess with your cave line. Been around long enough to know better.

Anyone that knows me, knows better. There just arent as many frequent people on this board as there used to be, so many of you dont know me.

If I made you upset, I'm sorry.

PS. Joe King..... joking.

I'll probably go out again this week. So if you want to string me up, I've heard there are 100's of feet of rope underwater.

Jeff

Today I followed the line from the top of the wall to the rail and again at the end of the rail to 150'. Looked fine.

Bob

It's been awhile since I've posted here (or dove at Lake Pleasant for that matter), but I just wanted to say that conditions were incredible today. The water was clearer than a couple of my dives in Hawaii last week, with viz up to 40 feet. I have temps recorded from 61 degrees at the surface to 54 degrees at 70 feet.

We dove at the flooded end of Desert Tortoise.

Thanks for milkmood for the wondeful dive I had this afternoon.
During the dive, milkwood took me through a wonderful canyon.
Visibility was maybe the best I've ever experienced in the lake since 2007.
I think that milkwood is on its right way to become an awesome diver.
Hope to dive with you in future.
Thank you again, Gilad.

Thank you again, Gilad.

Thanks for the kind words Gilad...it was great to meet you and hear about your experiences. I'll get into the details of the dive possibly tomorrow. Past my bedtime.

Is anyone available for some diving at Lake Pleasant during the week?

Yes, after 2:30 most weekdays. Good diving. Few people, few boats, calm water, better viz. I'll PM you my contact info.

Thank you again, Gilad.

The short story...

I let my buddy (Gilad) get separated from me because I was swimming too fast.

Lost him entirely, looked for him for 5-10 minutes...started to get low on air (500psi at 40', but I was huffing air), came up a little faster than I should have (but not bent).

When I got to the surface, I still didn't see him.

Swam back to shore, 10 minutes, still didn't see him.

Had a guy on shore call 911, because I had no idea where he was, and the last I had checked with him, he had the same amount of air as me.

Waited another 10-15 minutes explaining to the guy on shore where we were for the operator.

Finally saw Gilad coming around the end of the *second* island (at Desert Tortoise, if you're familiar with that site), which was at least 1/8 mile out.

Sheriff's boat showed up, checked on us and then left.

Thanks again Gilad for your patience, calmness and suggestions.

Lessons learned:
1. Never get separated from your buddy :no:
2. Agree ahead of time on a speed to swim :talkingfish:
3. Agree ahead of time on a plan how long to search and how to meet up if separated :clock:
4. Work on my breathing, cardio :luxhello:
5. Slow down, slow down, slow down. It's not a competition. :turtle:

Love,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom