Recent GUE Fundamentals video Honolulu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fundies in Hawaii is cheating. It's only Fundies if you're wrapped in drysuit, undergarments, pounds of lead, and have to take your mask off in water colder than the ice cream in the chowder place. You guys have to do it over . . . :D

....But we had surge to deal with :wink:

I couldn't imagine doing the dives we did in really cold water.

Cool... Thanks for sharing.... where's the bloopers reel? :wink:

Hopefully it has been destroyed. Jo could have edited it the other way making us look like retarded monkeys. What you don't see is Steve sticking a reg in someones mouth for them, buoyancy swings of 8', switching to a shut down reg on a valve drill, uncontrolled bag shots, ect, ect. :D

You all looked great, though. Did everyone (or anyone?) pass?

We had 1 tech pass and 3 rec passes, 2 of which were borderline tech passes.

....But we had surge to deal with :wink:

I couldn't imagine doing the dives we did in really cold water.

Bah.

I dove Firehouse and Shark's Cove the week before your class (and three months after taking Fundies from Steve here in 50 degree water with 5 feet of vis). I'd gladly take water in the 70s, 50 feet of vis and some surge.

Regardless, it is a difficult class and you all looked good. Congratulations.

You don't run line in Fundies. Most people have enough trouble without it :)

Fundies in Hawaii is cheating. It's only Fundies if you're wrapped in drysuit, undergarments, pounds of lead, and have to take your mask off in water colder than the ice cream in the chowder place. You guys have to do it over . . . :D
You do run line in GUE-F . . .it just depends if you're going for a Tech rating, and how sadistically fun your Instructor is ('nuff said:wink: ).

IMO, Tech and O/E Training is best in a Warm Water/Tropical Environment.

Actually we didnt run any line, I guess Steve felt we had enough task loading to deal with.

You do run line in GUE-F . . .it just depends if you're going for a Tech rating, and how sadistically fun your Instructor is ('nuff said:wink: ).

IMO, Tech and O/E Training is best in a Warm Water/Tropical Environment.

We didn't run line in our class. We did do the unconscious diver recovery while following the line and no mask swims while "OK"ing the line, but we never ran line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom