Really dig my BP/W.....and my Eon Steel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I finally got to use my BP/W today. Did some pool work to work on my buoyancy control. It is so much easier to use than my jacket bcd. Since it was fresh water, and I had on no wetsuit I didnt need any additional weight. I couldnt believe how less bulky it was in the water. And with it strapped on tight, it really felt solid on my body. No more rolling in the water. Much easier to get in and out of. I did some practice taking it to the bottom and then putting it on under water. So I'm definitely the rule and not the exception; I wish I would have known and bought this instead off the bat.

And I got to use my Eon Steel today. Its a very nice computer. I can tell this is the one that I will be keeping. I ditched my Cobalt and D4i.

BP/Ws are nice to dive with... :)

So glad you had a good experience with the bp&w. It is a big difference to a standard jacket which I think scares some people but it is so much easier to dive with

Congrats on coming over to the dark side :wink: BP/W will change the way you dive forever!

I wanted to follow up on this thread because I actually got some real open water experience today with both of these items. All I can say is "Wow". Diving with the BPW compared to my old jacket BC is a whole new experience. Its like I was wearing pajamas in the ocean, and I've swapped out for speedos. It was super easy to stay level. Even laying on my back or upright at the surface was a piece of cake. Buoyancy was a dream. And it felt solid on my body. I'll never use a jacket BC again.

And the Eon steel was awesome. Performed exceptionally well. Was very easy to view and use. It was substantially better than the Cobalt (and d4i) that i replaced it for. We were in pretty low vis conditions, and I had no problem interpreting the display.

I'm finally completely satisfied with my SCUBA kit. Today I actually felt like a non novice diver. It was an awesome experience.

"It was substantially better than the Cobalt (and d4i) that i replaced it for."

Hi. This caught my eye. I've used a Cobalt 1; never used a D4i or an Eon Steel. In what ways did you find the Eon superior to the Cobalt for you? Just curious. Could be good info. for people in the market for a dive computer.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom