Real world small town Dilema: Need Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
1) only 1 LDS in town carrying 2 brands ofproducts.

2) LDS is very friendly and pleasure to do business with

3) Will be diving a lot with LDS trips

Dilema 1: Before spending $$$ it is best to try all possible equpiments first ( BC, Reg, WetSuits, Masks & Fins). How is this possible with the above situation ??

Sure the LDS can special order some equpments granted YOU MUST BUY IT REGARDLESS.....

SO what should a small town diver do ???

Mail order ?? travel to other LDS (at least 90 miles away) ??

Many experienced divers said "Oh you must try try and try till you find the eqip that fits you", " get the important stuff (life support) from LDS. that way I can try it out first ".

For me say if i wanted to get other brand of Reg or BC, my LDS can special order them for me but I dont have a chance to try it out first.

I am almost tempted to drive to NY and get everything from LP !! At least i can try several stuff from them. I dont assume they (leisure pro) have an indoor pool do they ??

How can we do this if we are not living in California or Florida ??? :confused:

Does your LDS have seasonal sales? I wait for those for some purchases because it is then that the prices are competetive with online and even ebay pricing (but then that's up here in the frozen north, when winter sales drop a lot). I'm still of the opinion that it is worth it to buy regs, computers and bcd's from the LDS because of the warranty and service. You could try out other things at the LSD and that would give you sizing, etc. to shop for those other things elsewhere. Hope this helps and wasn't already too self-evident.

Dxtreme once bubbled...
1) only 1 LDS in town carrying 2 brands ofproducts.

2) LDS is very friendly and pleasure to do business with

3) Will be diving a lot with LDS trips

Dilema 1: Before spending $$$ it is best to try all possible equpiments first ( BC, Reg, WetSuits, Masks & Fins). How is this possible with the above situation ??

Sure the LDS can special order some equpments granted YOU MUST BUY IT REGARDLESS.....

SO what should a small town diver do ???

Mail order ?? travel to other LDS (at least 90 miles away) ??

Many experienced divers said "Oh you must try try and try till you find the eqip that fits you", " get the important stuff (life support) from LDS. that way I can try it out first ".

For me say if i wanted to get other brand of Reg or BC, my LDS can special order them for me but I dont have a chance to try it out first.

I am almost tempted to drive to NY and get everything from LP !! At least i can try several stuff from them. I dont assume they (leisure pro) have an indoor pool do they ??

How can we do this if we are not living in California or Florida ??? :confused:

LDS are great places to go for training, book some trips (depending on your style of travel), and meet other divers. They can also be good places to buy equipt. if you have the budget for LDS prices.

However, it appears like your local store is not meeting your needs. Two brands is not likely enough of a range for you to end up with the best equipt for you, and why special order sight unseen when you can do the same from Leisure Pro, pay half as much, and even be able to return it. Sounds like you need to make a road trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom