Question Should new BCD from LDS never seen water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To answer everyone, this is the one in Deerfield Beach.

Regarding the quarter, my hypothesis is that this was a little dive treasure found and they threw it in the pocket and forgot about it. Apparently they also dove with the tags because that was all the shredded paper that was on the inside.

To answer everyone, this is the one in Deerfield Beach.

Regarding the quarter, my hypothesis is that this was a little dive treasure found and they threw it in the pocket and forgot about it. Apparently they also dove with the tags because that was all the shredded paper that was on the inside.

That was probably an inspection tag. The tags I'm talking about are attached to the outside via those annoying little plastic dohikies that are everywhere attaching price tags and manufacturer labels on everything from BCDs and wetsuits to clothes, hats, towels, etc, etc, etc.

It is an exceptionally great BC, very durable and comfortable and has all you'll need for a very long time. One of my students/friends ordered one perhaps two years ago and has been using it very heavily and it looks almost like new. It has been indestructible. This friend is always spearfishing and goes under rocks looking for fish and isn't gentle to his gear yet this BC is best so far compared with his previous BC's.

Enjoy it and I wish you many decades of use in all great health and enjoyment with lots of awesome safe diving!!!

That was probably an inspection tag. The tags I'm talking about are attached to the outside via those annoying little plastic dohikies that are everywhere attaching price tags and manufacturer labels on everything from BCDs and wetsuits to clothes, hats, towels, etc, etc, etc.
@ChristopherB The Hydros Serial number is attached on a tag inside a pocket on the back of the BC. Really important if you need warranty service. I would make sure that it matches the number on your receipt from the store. Don't ignore this. If the receipt serial number does not match the one one on the BC, your warranty will not be honored if you need service from SP.

Also, I don't buy the BS excuse from the store. Those BCDs come from SP in a plastic bag with all accessories. It's REALLY obvious when it has been removed from that bag. Sounds like they tried to fob a used/returned one to you as new.

If you believe their story, may I suggest that the quarter was added as additional weight by the previous owner to fine tune their buoyancy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom