REAL Ohio Divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416:
I've done my fair share of winter diving in Ohio.... not sure this year though.... bones are starting to get brittle... see more trips down to caves this winter, but will probably still be at Gilboa a few times.
What caves do you prefer in Florida? I just got full cave this past August and will be in the cave area over Thanksgiving and Christmas Hoildays. Let me know, maybe we can hook up and cave dive together.

everdeeper:
What caves do you prefer in Florida? I just got full cave this past August and will be in the cave area over Thanksgiving and Christmas Hoildays. Let me know, maybe we can hook up and cave dive together.

Where are you currently hailing from?

I've done Peacock, Ginnie, Madison Blue, Cow, & Manatee... favorite was Madison, but I want to try Little River, Upstream Cow, Jackson Blue when I get the chance. Willing to do any of those with the right person though.

My favorite caves are in Maya Riveria Mexico though....

bob

everdeeper:
Glad to see that most of us like to go to Gilboa. Maybe we need to set up a saturday or sunday dive this winter. Would anyone be interested in that? How many of you have scooters? Makes getting to the Sump a lot faster.
Uh oh. You said the S word.........

I'm not allowed to have one of those yet....:lol2:
I need a good dive light first! Ok, and a decent frog kick.

When I did my cave class, I did Peacock, Orange Grove, Devils, Cow, and Peacock III. I, like you want to do Little River. All of my buddies up here have done it and say it is beautiful. I totally agree with diving anywhere with the right person. I am planning a solo to the Hill 400 in Devils over Thanksgiving. Not that big of a push, but it is something to do.

pennypue:
Uh oh. You said the S word.........

I'm not allowed to have one of those yet....:lol2:
I need a good dive light first! Ok, and a decent frog kick.
What kind of light are you looking for? I bought my DR canister on eBay for about 300 bucks. If you know what you are looking for, I could keep my eyes open and let you know. Also, there is a Cave Divers Forum that offers equipment to other cave divers. I can look there too! Travis...........................ps, scooters are fun!

everdeeper:
When I did my cave class, I did Peacock, Orange Grove, Devils, Cow, and Peacock III. I, like you want to do Little River. All of my buddies up here have done it and say it is beautiful. I totally agree with diving anywhere with the right person. I am planning a solo to the Hill 400 in Devils over Thanksgiving. Not that big of a push, but it is something to do.

...and which one of the 10 "Accident Analysis" rules would you be breaking by cave diving solo? :05: You DID say you were just cave cert'd in Aug this year, right?

wb416:
...and which one of the 10 "Accident Analysis" rules would you be breaking by cave diving solo? :05: You DID say you were just cave cert'd in Aug this year, right?
Well, if you are stating that solo diving is one of the AA guidelines, than I agree to a point. I discussed this with several other cave divers and they said that as long as a "buddy bottle" was brought along, all would be fine. Do you disagree?

Are there 10 AA guidelines? I only count 5? Please refresh: Training, guideline, air, depth, lights. That is what I got.

everdeeper:
What kind of light are you looking for? I bought my DR canister on eBay for about 300 bucks. If you know what you are looking for, I could keep my eyes open and let you know. Also, there is a Cave Divers Forum that offers equipment to other cave divers. I can look there too! Travis...........................ps, scooters are fun!
Well if you want a wish list.....I'm thinking Salvo 18w. :D
Or anything better. I'm patient. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom