Ready to get wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver - I KNOW I'm not supposed to stir up the silt!!! I'm workin' on it! I'm worse in cold water than I am in warm water too - that's why I'm going - to work on those skills. Practice, practice, practice ... sigh ..

Dont mind me sometimes its fun to pick and remember what it was like starting out from time to time I even hit bottom...like with my face! :grinjester:

If your are in NWA... Mellow Mushroom just added 12 new taps...

That sounds like my kinda place! were is this at? :drunks:

And ohmdiver I seem to remember talking to you a year or so ago, and you were moving into the area. And it looks like you made it! So if at anytime you would like to meet up and go diving just shout!
And if I would stop breaking parts off my pontoon I'd be out today! :banghead:

If your are in NWA... Mellow Mushroom just added 12 new taps...

Address??

I am living up in Cassville Mo. Might be buying a house and it looks like April will be busy and 1/2 of May might be shot too...

Avon - we did speak several times ... For whatever reason it just didn't happen, will try harder this year...

Mellow Mushroom is in north fayetteville just off of Joyce on the east side of College Ave. It would be fun to go have a beer/pizza with you guys on of these days

Avon - actually, I don't mind getting made fun of (I make fun of myself!) - what I'd REALLY really love are pointers. I'm not consistently in the same kind of water (fresh versus salt) and I can't get my buoyancy to a point where I'm comfortable. When we go on vacation there's always this rush to get off the boat and go SEE SOMETHING - so buoyancy checks seem like a waste of time for the dive crew (or maybe that's me putting pressure on myself). When we're diving locally I'm in different gear (different suit, weights, fins) so I'm readjusting everything. We're headed out for a local dive the first weekend in April (8/7 semi-dry and all the weight that goes with it) and I'd love some ideas of how to best use my time to work on buoyancy. I.e., are there things you practiced over and over or just go out for fun and let the buoyancy just "happen"? And yes, I did get the peak performance buoyancy certification - but still don't feel like I've nailed it. (Should I post this someplace else too?) Thanks!

Kimbalabala - bouyancy is not the same for everyone. What works for me may not work for you. With that said, for me bouyancy eqauts to comfort. It is all about practice, practice , practice. If you keep a log, log you added lead too. So that when you change suits and gear you can refrence the weight.
It may take a little time to dail it in but an alum. tank at about 500 psi is around 4 lbs positive.
Some dive at the end of a dive set up a way to ditch small amounts wieght at a time. and get comfortable also keep your breathing even.

Just my 2 psi...

Back
Top Bottom