raja ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gurselen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know about "Felicia" normally sails at Komodo and Raja Ampat. She is based in Sorong. Me and my budy are planning to go there in October 2010 and "Felicia" is one of the options...
Best fishes

Hi,
Does anyone know about "Felicia"?
That boat normally sails at Komodo and Raja Ampat. She is based in Sorong. Me and my budy are planning to go there in October 2010 and "Felicia" is one of the options...
Best fishes

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Two identical posts merged.
No duplicate posting thank you

Hi Gurselen,

I work with most Liveaboards in Indonesia, but unfortunately do not cooperate with Felicia yet. But if you would like to consider Damai, The Arenui, Ondina, Raja Laut, SY Sirene, and many more to dive with let me know by message.

Have a fabulous day!!

Hi,
Does anyone know about "Felicia" normally sails at Komodo and Raja Ampat. She is based in Sorong. Me and my budy are planning to go there in October 2010 and "Felicia" is one of the options...
Best fishes
Gurselen,

When deciding which liveaboard you want to dive from you need to pick one that has a good deal of experience in the area that will be visited on the trip you are contemplating. There are several liveaboards running trips in Raja Ampat that have several years experience in the area.

Felecia first started diving Raja Ampat last month, before that they were diving in the Flores and Alor area.

We have been running both land based and liveaboard dive trips to Raja Ampat since 1999 and have over 1800 dives there. We just finished 3 back to back liveaboard trips on SMY Ondina which we have chartered since 2004, and have run 20 trips in Raja Ampat on her so we have a great deal of experience in the area. Much of the crew on Ondina has been on her since 2004 including the Captain. Plus we bring extra guides on our trips who have a lot of experience in the area. Many of the ships have crew that is constantly changing and so they never really learn any area. Having a stable crew is a big bonus for our guests and for us.

The knowledge of when to dive and when not to dive a particular dive site can only be learned by experience, not by word of mouth or an article in a magazine, or a book describing the various dive sites.

Many of the dive sites in Raja Ampat must be dived when the current is running in one direction only. If you dive it with the current from the wrong direction you will be unhappy with the dive and not want to repeat the site, when in actuality if you had done a dive on it when the current was from the right direction you would ask to dive it again.

To check our trips see www.cityseahorse.com/rajaampat

That's a great trip report from Kevster, an honest opinion from someone who's actually been onboard the boat.

Don't pay too much attention to trip organisers who use boats experience levels to promote their own trips. I had the same before my trip as the boat I used had also only recently moved to RA, but the trip turned out great.

I think you'll love RA - it offers a huge range of diving from big things to critters too small to photograph (I've never seen so many Pygmy Seahorses before!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom