Rainy Season Diving Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is very frustrating for those of us in the industry who are attempting to manage realistic expectations for divers whilst also giving them hope that maybe this time they will get to see mantas or whale sharks.

I've had divers coming on the boat and asking me even before I could show them to their cabin, properly welcome them on board and introduce them to crew and myself about when they would see their whaleshark.

It would drive me nuts..... :zap:

From a personal point of view, regardless of the quality of the diving and what is visible on the dive, I have far more respect for people that are simply honest, and am more likely to go back to the same shop again than to re visit one that has told me a pack of lies.
Despite all the diving I have done in P******, even shops that know me, sometimes still provide me with wild exagerations, how stupid do they think people are.
Telling lies to customers does not instill confidence, or encourage repeat business. I just wish they would all stop this practice.
If I am told I am guaranteed to see a vast array of marine life and get 30m viz, and the reality is a few small fish and 5m viz, I go away disappointed. Are disappointed customers likely to return? This is such a short sighted way of running a business.

my good friend was an instructor for a few years, and he became disenchanted about the lies and exaggerations, so much so, that he quit and found a new career. surely this can't be every dive company, but from what he and others have told me, it can quickly become a rat-race to generate money flow.
although i'm very inexperienced in the dive industry...it's nice to see there are people out there who choose honesty over a quick buck. good on you guys! gives me hope about my own future in diving.
:)

Speaking about lies from dive shops, my old friends at Aquanauts have been very quiet the last few weeks????

my good friend was an instructor for a few years, and he became disenchanted about the lies and exaggerations, so much so, that he quit and found a new career. surely this can't be every dive company, but from what he and others have told me, it can quickly become a rat-race to generate money flow

So he went back to his old job in marketing or retail? :wink:

Well, it can be (depending on the shop) factory diving. I am lucky to work for a small shop that pays well and on time. Small groups and we dive sites with only one or two other boats there on a busy day. Many times, we're the only ones on the site.

Just gotta look around, I guess.

Well, it can be (depending on the shop) factory diving. I am lucky to work for a small shop that pays well and on time. Small groups and we dive sites with only one or two other boats there on a busy day. Many times, we're the only ones on the site.

Twice!!
Is it the computer, the internet connection or do you have really fat fingers???:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom