RAID Performance Diver - a Self Reliant course for all levels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DANDM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just saw the curriculum for RAID's Performance Diver, it's surprisingly similar to SDI´s Solo Diver or PADI´s Self Reliant courses. The only difference is that RAID´s is aimed at divers from any level, and does not mention any form of solo diving at all. But seems to have the same concept of filling in the gaps of new divers, to be more self reliant and have a good set of skills and tools. Am I correct assuming this? Anyone here done this course?

RAID does not advocate solo diving in any form, quite explicitly. However the concept of self-reliant members of a cohesive team is well established.

The course covers many of the same areas as a GUE Fundies course or UTD Essentials course, however it is not a gatekeeper course. As far as I can tell it’s aimed at folks who are proficient divers but want to up their skills without necessarily changing their depth or gas limits.

Caveat: I am not a Perf Diver instructor but I have gone through the 3 levels of manuals (Diver, Instructor, Instructor Trainer) which anyone can do since RAID has made all e-learning available for ALL courses for free.
www.diveraid.com and register an account and you will be able to access all levels up to Cave IT. A lovely initiative from @paultoomer

We teach performance diver at all levels, as the course is designed to enhance the diver's ability, on single, twins, sidemount or even CCR. It has taken core values and skills from the other programmes and put them into 1 course. This course is specifically aimed at people from other agencies who may not have had the benefit of learning some of these skills.

it is definitely not a solo diving course or self reliant course.

We teach performance diver at all levels, as the course is designed to enhance the diver's ability, on single, twins, sidemount or even CCR. It has taken core values and skills from the other programmes and put them into 1 course. This course is specifically aimed at people from other agencies who may not have had the benefit of learning some of these skills.

it is definitely not a solo diving course or self reliant course.
So in essences it's RAID's version of something like GUE fundamentals?

it seems so , right now sdi is the only solo courses that is recognized all over the world so facilities seem not to except the padi (I teach both ) and I don't know why I teach it the same...... but people want the sdi

QQ - Is there a ballpark figure published for how much this or each RAID course should cost for instruction? Last I checked - The website only mentions fees for the cert/theory unless I missed it.

QQ - Is there a ballpark figure published for how much this or each RAID course should cost for instruction? Last I checked - The website only mentions fees for the cert/theory unless I missed it.
Website only has agency fees (usually 60-80 USD) which covers the exam portion of FreE-Learning and the certification. The training fees are solely on the shop/instructor and will vary by region/instructor etc like most other courses. Generally, there is a little less cost for the course on the provider side (most big agencies are in the 120-160 USD range for e-learning and cert) so the courses may be a little cheaper, but generally more in-water time for RAID courses vs others, so YMMV.

Lot cheaper than GUE, same as PADI/SSI/SDI is my general experience.

Website only has agency fees (usually 60-80 USD) which covers the exam portion of FreE-Learning and the certification. The training fees are solely on the shop/instructor and will vary by region/instructor etc like most other courses. Generally, there is a little less cost for the course on the provider side (most big agencies are in the 120-160 USD range for e-learning and cert) so the courses may be a little cheaper, but generally more in-water time for RAID courses vs others, so YMMV.

Lot cheaper than GUE, same as PADI/SSI/SDI is my general experience.

Actually I was browsing around APAC diveshops and I see the Performant Diver course is priced at the similar level as GUE fundies online ( in the same location) - 20k THB that’s about 600USD! Which is why I asked in the first place…

Actually I was browsing around APAC diveshops and I see the Performant Diver course is priced at the similar level as GUE fundies online ( in the same location) - 20k THB that’s about 600USD! Which is why I asked in the first place…
Ah ok. That seems bit high but I am not familiar with the price dynamics there. One of the dive shops here does GUE as well as RAID and they charge 1700 AED (461 USD) for the 2 day RAID course and 2500 AED (680USD) for the 4 day GUE Fundies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom