Solo diver vs Self-Reliant diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm currently doing TDI AN/DP, my instructor will sign off the SDI solo card if I pay his expenses for the e-learning etc.
When I asked about this he said if you can pass an intro tech course solo is nothing.

I'm currently doing TDI AN/DP, my instructor will sign off the SDI solo card if I pay his expenses for the e-learning etc.
When I asked about this he said if you can pass an intro tech course solo is nothing.
I'm pretty sure that all the skills in solo are covered by intro level courses, except the surface swim.

I'm kind of a Boy Scout but if I could I'd do the same (after talking it over with hq... I don't see any reason a (competent) tech diver shouldn't be able to dive solo. Instructors should be teaching tech students (IMO) to solve all their problems in the absence of the buddy, so it isn't much of a reach.

I don't know how to check shipping to your location, but maybe try amazon. Search for "marine bolt snap." This one might be an option.

if someone have a better idea for my pony bottle.

do you like that' small spg i am wondering if i should get one instead of a bigger one in a hose. i am wondering if the small one are accurate like the bigger one ? What's your thought on that ?

There is a loss in precision, but in the intended application, i.e. a backup that is almost never used and kept full, I'm comfortable with the precision provided by a button gauge. Essentially, a slight loss in precision is traded for a slight gain in simplicity of the rig, in an application where greater precision is not needed.

For all of my use cases other than solo pony, I use 2-inch diameter SPGs with chrome plated brass body and tempered glass face.

My pony is back mount and so I keep a "smallish" 2in SPG wrapped onto the 2nd stage hose. Optimally, I would have a wireless transmitter and wrist mount computer......but I'm used to the small SPG and it's paid for. Point is that I do like having the option of monitoring / confirming my pony gas during a dive. Just need to remember to check it early and often since the one time I did not do that it was bad news!

xwcxhDU.jpg

My pony is back mount and so I keep a "smallish" 2in SPG wrapped onto the 2nd stage hose. Optimally, I would have a wireless transmitter and wrist mount computer......but I'm used to the small SPG and it's paid for. Point is that I do like having the option of monitoring / confirming my pony gas during a dive. Just need to remember to check it early and often since the one time I did not do that it was bad news!

xwcxhDU.jpg
yes i ve seen your pic b4 really nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom