Quick vise question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I meant no offense but there are reasons why people may not want to build the box. For example you may not have the tools or the time.

Just a thought but when you are at Lowes or Home Depot you can check out the B&D workmate tables the tops can be used as a vice. You may even have one in the garage.
No problem and absolutely no offense. In fact I got a chuckle from it! :D And yes, I have a B&D workmate that hasn't been off the garage wall in years and I never think about it. Brilliant. Thank you. Even if I don't use it as a vise it may well be useful in other ways.

If it helps, I read it as "you'll hurt your hand" not as "impact on wrench is bad." I hurt my hand on a grumpy bolt doing work on my wife's car. I get that. However, reg work isn't usually on that scale of force so a few gentle bumps a few times per year is no big deal to me.
Exactly that.

Then shouldn't we be discussing how to build a vise? :D

Probably. But I already have too many vices.

Probably. But I already have too many vices.

What were once vices are now habits - The Doobie Brothers.

Re: vices. Many replace the steel jaws with aluminum jaws. I prefer jaws made from oak. Easy to fashion several sets and far cheaper than aluminum. The other is that one can mount a vice such as this one:

41paWnEnJ4L.jpg

on a big ole plank of 2" x 12" and use it that way rather having it "permanently" mounted on a bench.

So how big a parrot will it hold, and how do you service a parrot once you get it in the vice? Inquiring minds and all...

Bob

I think the question is does it work with a Norwegian Blue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom